Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday is a special day!

Oh my goodness am I tired! We woke Saturday morning and  headed to church for the girls volleyball game, victory! Wha Hoo! Leticia has really blossomed into the athlete over the years. It has been so fun to see her self-confidence grow as well as her abilities. Sierra hurt her thumb the night before so she cheered from the sidelines. Malia was nervous and didn't know about joining the team but she played well and even made contact with the ball several times, give it time little one you'll get the hang of that serving thing! I must admit it was a little hard to just be a spectator this season. The past 7 years I have officiated, coached and been an integral part of the program functioning. It was fun to just be a cheerleader for my three beautiful daughters!

We headed home for our traditional Saturday family pow wow. I make the list of items that need to be completed and then we discuss the privledges that come with completion of chores. We have a family cheer and everyone happily goes off in their different directions to begin the list. Ha happily is usually not the word I use each Saturday, but hey things gotta get done.
The list looks like this:

  • Daily chore completed
  • Weekly chore completed
  • Bedrooms organized and carpet walkable
  • Bathroom chores
  • Clean laundry put away and Dirty clothes in laundry hamper
  • Homework completed
I say totally achievable in two hours minus homework but you would think I am asking them to reinvent the wheel some days. None the less they work hard and get it done.
While the girls got busy I cut Corby's hair, began the reduction of the mountain of laundry staring at me, made lunch, and arranged a doctor visit for the throbbing thumb crisis. I was supposed to attend a neighbor baby shower but it just isn't happening with all that was on the list.

Bria's birthday is Monday so I took her on a special date to purchase the items for her upcoming party. She is such a fun girl all the time but especially one on one. We went to Costco and Walmart. She was big to walk and stay right by me and carried quite the convo with me. She chose the decorations for her big day and ice cream. It was so fun to just be with her.

When we arrived home,we found the chores were completed and the privilege for today was shooting at the gum range(prep for the upcoming hunt). But much to our dismay the shooting range closed at 4 and weren't accepting any new comers so bummer of a birthmark for us. I continued the laundry process and helped Teesh tackle her bedroom. She has been organizing the room for months. So we dug in deep and in a little over an hour the room was finished. She needs to go through a few more piles but she can walk on carpet and most everything is in it's place.

Corby and I then were off to the Stake High Priest Social which I had been cooking Kuala Roast in the crock pot for the past 16 hours for it(let's talk torture, my girls were smelling it all day but didn't get to eat any). The social was normal, a bunch of old people talking and I feeling a little unnoticed while Corby performs his duties. I survived and we arrived home by 7:45. Sierra had a work party I took her to then continued the laundry and after the girls were asleep I sat down on couch, folding clothes of course to watch a little television. I love to watch 48 Hours Mystery or Dateline.

All in all, it was a very packed normal Saturday for us but we survived and now we are ready for Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment