Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Homecoming



 On Monday, the 17th Leticia walks in from school and places a jar of sand in front of me.
 I knew exactly what it meant and began screaming, my baby just got asked to homecoming. She looks at me questionably and says how did you know that! Oh little one I am one wise owl.  Anyway, Sierra helped Leticia put the pieces of paper together to figure out the message in the bottle or jar;) It said,
"Leticia, will you go to Homecoming with me?" Ryan.
 I asked when the dance was and Teesh nonchalantly replies this Saturday, What? are you kidding me? We have less than a week to pull this off. Lace up your running shoes gals, we are about to run a marathon with no training. We finished the evening chores and headed out to find a dress. Now, word to the inexperienced such as I. Dress shops close at 6pm so when you begin the process at 7pm it tends to cause a prob. but because we pay our tithing and all the stars aligned we were able to locate a modest(as modest as they come) dress that was on clearance.

A dress under $50 and my favorite color on Teesh, beautiful girl!
 We were able to find a dress, sweater, shoes and accessories all in one evening of shopping. (sort of one evening of shopping, Leticia had to go the next day to a different H&M's for the shoes in her size). But I have to say that was pretty amazing to find all we needed in such a short time. We got Teesh's dress from Dillard's.


The day of the dance we had Tina, our neighbor/friend do Teesh's hair. She did a great job and did it under an hour. Teesh had been camping with her dad and took a wrong turn so her all-afternoon-to-get-ready was gobbled up and she had less than 2 hours to pull this off. Thanks Tina, you did an amazing job.
while Tina was doing Teesh's hair her daughter Kali said, "Teesh will be the prettiest princess at the ball" I couldn't agree more Kali!





While we waited for 5:30 to arrive I took some photos of Teesh. Sierra gave Teesh some pointers on how to stand and what to do on her date. It made me smile because I saw myself in Sierra. I also had to smile because sweet Teesh said, "Oh, all these pointers are making me nervous". At 5:20 I sent the family out back to make it less awkward and we waited for his arrival. He was punctual. He rang the doorbell and Corby greeted him. He was shy so he just stood there on the porch. Corby asked if he would like to come in. We asked if we could take some pictures. He pulled out a camera from is pocket and said, "My mom asked if you could take some for her too." It was such a priceless moment. But it did make me think, boys don't get to have their moms involved. See one more reason I am so lucky to have daughters!
As you can tell from the photos Teesh did not take Sierra's advice but non-the-less it was a perfect evening. They ate dinner at TGIF, attended the dance then grabbed a cold stone ice cream upon Leticia's return.
It was magical and I couldn't have been more happy!
Leticia Elizabeth Hansen you are beautiful  inside and out and I am so proud of you.

1 comment:

  1. OH, I love it. She looked BEEYOUTIFUL!!
    So excited she got to go and have a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete