Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Prom Sierra style

Prom at Highland was girls choice. I wonder who Sierra will ask.....deep thoughts!

Sierra asked Connor by placing balloons all over Connors bedroom and putting one word in each balloon. Connor had to pop each balloon until all words were located. What a cute idea Sierra. It was a hard day for Sierra and my relationship, I had a Honor Society Meeting for Teesh the same night Sierra wanted to ask Connor. I tried to arrange it so I could do both but in the end, Sierra ended up having friends help her. One of the draw backs of a large family. Try as I may, I always come up short it seems.:(

With Sierra not being 16 we allow her to attend school dances, but we do not pay for any of it. Bittersweet situation but that was the decision we made. Sierra went with a group of 23 other couples. 46 people altogether. Wow, talk about a fun evening!
Connor had a lacrosse game and Sierra ran her first half marathon so their day date did not begin until 3. Sierra helped several friends with their hair and makeup. She has a true talent in this department.
At 5 o'clock parents were allowed to come to a mansion house, where hors d'oeuvre's and drinks were shared while parents took photos of their precious offspring. Sierra looked beautiful as usual. I had to laugh at this scenario, when I was in high school I didn't even know what an hors d' oeuvre was, let alone go to an event where they were served. My girls have so many more opportunities than I. Lucky them!

 Sierra and Connor

 Sylvia lives in our neighborhood. Sylvia is in the white dress. Sierra and Sylv have been friend since 2nd grade.






I wish I could tell you who all the beautiful girls are but I sadly know only a few. The girls took their dates to Spaghetti Factory for dinner then to the school for dancing. After the dance, they went to GTC (Gymnastic Training Center) where they played in foam pits, jumped on trampolines, climbed on ropes. At midnight, when the night was still young, they headed to a girl's house to watch a movie outside on the side of her house. Sierra got home a little before 2AM.
Considering she ran a half marathon earlier in the day, I would say that was a productive day.


No comments:

Post a Comment