Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Break

Spring Break was a little tricky this year. Having girls in different schools doesn't exactly line up for best case scenario for any fun getaways.  Corby had an opportunity to travel this week as well for some training. So Spring Break was home bound with no Dad.

Malia only got Monday off from school so while her older sisters stayed up late and hung out she was on regular school schedule. Poor poor Malia! Even the little ones had spring break from Preschool, which made it even harder.

Leticia participated in a sewing class our relief society organized and never quite finished her projects so she decided to spend her time sewing. Sierra hung out with friends and was connected with her phone even when she wound up grounded from Wednesday to Sunday. Sweet sweet Sierra!

Leticia sewed a night gown for each of the little girls and finished the pajamas she had started with sewing class. Way to go Teesh, finishing projects is always the best.





Like I said we did not go anywhere exotic, but it was a fun week to not be in regular routine.








 She sewed the bottoms and Bria wore them. Now that the top is complete, bottoms have not been located. I am so impressed with Leticia's ability to sew. Not something I know nor want to know more about but you go girl, Teesh!


I say to the girls pose for the camera and this is what I get from Ada. She is a character!


And here is another great face from the child. Bria follows directions perfectly and looks so cute with her hands on hips.
As part of Spring Break, I went through my closet. Over the years, I have kept samplings of the girls school work for future reference. Here are some of Sierra's art projects. She has a little talent from her 'ole Aunt Lara Lee I'm thinking.









I took pictures of her talent and then promptly discarded the original. I hope I don't regret that but my closet  overfloweth

Even though we didn't do much, it was a fun memorable week and I think we caught up on a lot of little nagging projects in our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment