Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Bathroom Remodel

When we purchased our home in Taylorsville, it was a 2 year commitment. We both felt good about 2 years. This home did not possess all that we desired in a home, but it felt right to purchase so we did. It was perfect timing, Teesh was 9, Sierra 7 and  Malia 4. Plenty of time to sink our roots in our next home before the girls lives become less movable.

Well, 12 years later, we are still enjoying our home. On so many levels this house is great, we feel blessed to be here. Some draw backs are no youth in ward or neighborhood. My girls have a small selection of friends, some being we attend different schools, but mostly because people have raised their families and love the area so much they are choosing to retire in their newly remodeled home. Awesome.
Anyway, so we discussed a few things and decided since Malia is soon to be a junior in high school lets make the most of it and stick it out for at least 2 more years. 

The house is great, like I mentioned but it has a few flaws. The Bathrooms are one of the flaws.
First project up......  main and master bathrooms. They are just a bit nasty and we have been doing "make do jimmy jobs" for years. The drains were put in wrong so there is a mold issue(we did not know this for many years) so we found a handy man and put him to work. He did an excellent job and now we have two brand new bathrooms. We love them and wish we would have done this in year 2 of living here. Oh well, better late than never.






 








 We have a light in our ceiling and a
 
  bench to sit on!!!! Spoiled rotten, yes I know.
 



 

 


 

 We opted for wood grain tile for our floor. I went with dark and I have to say I love it!!! Yes, it shows the dirt but I am okay with it!
 


 I decided instead of paying someone to paint or stain my orange vanity I would try my hand at the project. Pinterest to the rescue. I was able to gather some great tips and only have a few days my vanity looked pretty darn amazing.





 We added some door handles and switched out the old grimy brass hinges


 I did not get a before picture but it looks considerably better ha ha


 
 Corbster made us a unique towel holder

 and I am super proud of myself on this in-genius idea, we have medicine cabinet where our tooth brushes are held. Those cords those blasted cords, so I thought long and hard and thought what about drilling holes for the cords. It worked!!! Now our toothbrushes don't take up counter space and the messy look is hidden. Yes, I know brilliant.
 final touches





















No comments:

Post a Comment