Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Friday, April 24, 2015

Sunny Arizona...Roadie

My best friend is getting married! I feel a road trip coming. I convinced Sierra to join in and be my copilot, she agreed and while there, declared Arizona as her most favorite(even whispered I could see myself happily living here....) 
We flew into Phoenix and then rented a convertible and drove to Gilbert. We stayed with VaLynn and her awesome family. VaLynn and Ron moved down to Gilbert so they could attend a PhD program. It was just perfect timing to see both parties during our visit.
Before the wedding, we had some time to pamper ourselves so off to get pedicures and sushi we rushed. VaLynn has never had a pedicure and that's just not OK...we put a stop to that immediately!


Super poor quality photos but you get the idea. These two were seated by each other and I on the other side of the store, it was all good. I just yelled to them when needing to communicate.

VaLynn told us of this double decker carousal in a nearby mall. When kids pay, mommas get to ride for free win win!






Can't not not show the convertible(top is up) One cool thing about this car was when I would unlock the car the alarm would sound so we got a lot of attention. This is VaLynn's apartment we are walking into. They were lucky enough to live in student housing so score on many levels!
 The next day I got to see my beloved Nikki! I am so happy to see her be happy. She was married when we first met and had 4 boys. We had an instant attraction because our kids were similar in age and she having all boys and I girls, futures were discussed often. She since divorced and found her soulmate in Matt. They have two little girls and decided to make their relationship official. I can't believe Nikki got girls and messed up our system sheesh!
She was married in a beautiful park and then we headed to a restaurant for a dinner. It was so nice to interact with her new friends and see her smile.





 Like I said, poor quality photos but I just had to share!

Sierra and I flew out the following day and had some trouble returning home but eventually things worked out. Let's just say we got to know the Denver airport on a cozy level. Such a fun relaxing weekend. I think I need to do this more often. Thanks Sierra for joining in and Nikki you make a beautiful bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment