Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Monday, January 15, 2018

Contemplation

I have a group of friends where we have gotten together each month for over 18 years!!!!! Isn't that just amazing. Give it up for great long lasting friendships. Man I love these ladies, I'm a better individual because of Amie, Mindy, Tina and Tricia. We all have different religions and stages of life but we love each other without judgment and pretense. We enjoyed dinner and movie Monday evening. We saw Jumanji. It was good and extra funny due to my company. Amie is my bright little light. She is just comedic. We use to stay out until 2 or 3 am but now that old age has set in we are lucky if we make it to 11pm kind of pathetic I know but we are grandmas(I'm not but some are so we must act responsible now) I usually have such a grateful heart at the end of my GNO. This week though our friend, Mindy, informed us she is moving to Missouri as soon as her house sells. I am so happy for her but sad at the same time. Where I am building is literally a few blocks from her house and we were making plans of walking and working out together. I wish you the best Mindy Moo but you better come back and visit often. Tricia got divorced and moved to Las Vegas so we only see her on rare occasions. Change is bittersweet!

Tuesday history was made! The world received a new prophet and leader, Russel M. Nelson. I was unable to listen to the broadcast but I sustain him as our Prophet. I have struggled with the church and the gospel and I will say this, the Church is ran by mortal men who make mistakes and that's ok. There are traditions in the Church that are flat out false but the Gospel is true. I can move forward with this knowledge. I know God will use President Nelson to further his gospel message and all is well in ZION.
I am on the hunt for a new work out facility. I have been checking lots of places out and tonight was no exception. I loved what I found in this new place in Sandy but they only offer evening classes so its a no go but it was fun to workout with a group of like minded people.
 I will find what I am looking for I will. Keep the prayers coming!

I delivered about a tree's worth of papers to our realtor this week.  Have I mentioned we are building a house, buying a building for our business, selling our existing home, selling our 4plex and purchasing a duplex? paperwork......... I love this process(some may say you are crazy but I love this energy of moving forward) I refuse to let fear hold me back will we have set backs, 100% guaranteed but I am not willing to sit back in fear because of the chance something won't pan out as planned and just think what if things turn out better than expected, deep thoughts.
Life is about expanding and growing. It's all so exciting. We are in charge of our lives!

Now for the juice of my week. I attended a class Thursday and Friday that pretty much rocked my world. I found my tribe! 100 women who think like me! It was so inspiring and magnificent. I loved every minute of the time I spent in this energy. I took a course titled Art of Desire by Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife. She has her PhD in Sexuality for LDS Women. It was the most glorious class ever. All my issues were discussed. First off the shaming in the church is just not right. I have so much more to say on this topic. I will do an entire post on it but let me gather my thoughts.  So stay on the edge your seats because I will be back I promise

After class on Thursday I had to race from south Jordan to West valley to officiate 3 basketball games. It's part of my calling. So if you are ever looking for me look for stripes every Thursday evening with a whistle. For the most part the audience is kind and patient as I attempt to do the best I can. Lets just say refereeing basketball is no small feat. In the end, things worked out and everyone left happy.. Go Church Ball!

Saturday, we had the privilege to honor a wonderful man. Mel Thompson, Shanna's(Earnest's sister) husband, passed away peacefully at home at the age of 92. You know I have attended my fair share of funerals and all of them are wonderful for different reasons but this day I was just silenced over and over and found myself in deep thought and awe. As his 14 children, 51 grandchildren, and 83 great grandchildren, gathered to honor him and share tender memories of his life I thought what do I want my legacy to be. What do I cherish and want others to remember me by at my death? Mel was amazing. Such a christ like man who honored his priesthood and honored his patriotism.
After the funeral, we celebrated by taking our little girls who did fantastic during the meeting BTW, to lunch at Burger Bar. There food is just.............Yummy! The homemade buns, special fry sauce, and just the memories around the joint. That was one of our first dates for Corby and I over 25 years ago.
Our conversation as we traveled back home was surrounded around what our funerals will look like and why don't we have a burger bar closer to our home. ha ha
Like most Saturdays we had a list of "to do's" and then rewarded ourselves with a movie "The Greatest Showman" I am not one who jumps on the popular wagon so if something is hip and cool I will wait until the hype simmers or not see it at all. But Malia saw it and said you've got to go mom, so I did.  It did not disappoint. It went along with the theme of my weekend thoughts. Life is getting after what you want and stop blaming circumstances. I won't spoil the movie just in case someone hasn't seen the movie but it has several powerful messages and I loved it!
Sunday we had my sister, Hollie and family, over for sister dinner. This is another tradition we have embodied for over 15 years. I love it! We switch each month who hosts but if its at your house you provide the meal and the other sister brings dessert. We sometimes have FHE or play games or just connect as a family. With our children getting older its so fun to get updated on the latest and greatest. Man my family is pretty awesome. I love that my girls get to see their older cousins live their life and see how choices impact futures. So much happiness filled my soul!! and best part, Hollie is a grandma and so I get to pretend when little Ry is here. She is a ball of fun and so cute. She is 18 months and talks so well and is so coordinated. Impressive. Her daddy is a collegiate football player and he insists she will be a ball handler ha ha Have you ever seen a little 18 month old catch a ball thrown at her? Ry can do it over and over. I was dying it was the cutest thing ever.

Every Sunday night as I begin my bedtime routine I write to my sweet Magera. I miss her so much. Some weeks more than others but especially when my family is all together.  She is doing a great work and I will sacrifice and share her but oh how my heart longs to hug her and be reunited. She always writes me my own personal email each week and it usually holds exactly what I need to hear that week. She is living so close to the spirit and she allows it to direct her. I love her letters.  I hear her personality in each letter. She has almost been gone 7 months, only 2 more and we are over the half way point.  Missionary life is the best and I am so grateful she chose to serve and she is allowing the spirit to direct her daily choices.
Another week in the history of our crazy life. So blessed and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment