Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Monday, January 29, 2018

Gettin Grove Back

I did it! I finally found my next gig. Yay. Happy Dance.
I have been in such a rut for over 10 months with my workout. I am a social person and Gold's has been such a blessing in my life for the last 21 years. I have had a membership there and really been so happy. I have had a strong network there and between the classes and open gym system I have had the perfect situation for me and the friends I have made there are just irreplaceable. Familiar faces each morning has been amazing for me. Sign me up. Well, Gold's turned to Vasa and the contract system changed and that meant most of my friends left and joined other gyms. I continued to attend the gym but it felt empty, hollow, and just sad (being completely honest). I kept forcing myself and eventually I just quit altogether. I have a home gym and I used that regularly but lets face it, social and a workout in the basement just doesn't cut it.
So, I have been searching for the gym that fits my groove. I have been attending class after class in gym after gym and guess what.....I found it. Ironically it is the rec center across the street from my house. I attend Boot Camp at 5:30am Monday through Friday for an hour. I will still do things at home because with this program the instructor gives us extra challenges and of course if an extra challenge is extended I will participate. This week the extras are:
walk/run 3-5 miles twice during the week,
drink half of body weight in ounces daily,
state positive affirmations daily about myself. i.e.) I am amazing  I am a finisher
clean eating, no processed food

So, yay I am so excited. There's a lady in my bootcamp group who is at least 75 or older and man she is a rock. She is so thin and frail but she is consistent and she pushes herself. I hope to be exercising at 75,85, and even into my 90's. Charmane is my hero.

Ada, my poor last child, has never had a birthday party and she is 8. Now, this wouldn't be that big of a deal except sister, Bria, has had 5 parties and the inequality is unacceptable.  Problem has been June is a tough time for a bday(nothing like December I get it but its been tough for us) dance is at the peak in June. Anyway, enough with the excuses, so last year I told Ada we would have a party for her in January. Miss Ada Rae wasn't going to let me forget it. She was on me like jelly on peanut butter. Mom, it's January, every week. So some plans were established and now my Ada can say she had a birthday party. It was a success.
She had it all planned out and only wanted to invite 15 girls ha ha
Invitations were bought, pinata ordered, and all the goodies were ready to go a week before needed. BAMM!
We reserved space at Jungle Jims and knowing Malia was performing this same day. I thought I was doing things so great, both girls get supported, one in the morning one in the afternoon. Well, that was great in theory but sadly I ended up needing to be in two places same time but it all worked out. I spent the morning early afternoon at Copperhills supporting Malia and then celebrated Ada. Winning all around. Looks like Christmas around here!

Teesh came home to attend a class with me Thursday and Friday. It's called Break Free Intensive. I have attended this particular class many times and every time I walk away.....MIND BLOWN........
Man it was a great two days with my sweetie. Teesh is just an all around amazing young woman. I truly enjoy my time with her. She is kind, loving and just a great catch. So if you know any single awesome guys in the age range of 22-27 give me a ring a ling. SHHHH.....don't tell teesh. For lunch we went to fulfill my dream of eating at Slapfish. If you haven't eaten there run, don't walk, run to this place. It was blow my socks off wonderful. Yummy!

After dance and bday parties and classes you would think we would just sit around and enjoy being home relaxing, well no that's not what we do. We go to 9pm movies. Teesh wanted to see "My Favorite Girl" it was so good. Highly recommend it. Plus with Teesh's discount and our movie passes the evening cost us. (drum roll........$1.92) break the bank I know. We are so spoiled.

Sunday I made several freezer meals for our upcoming cruise and my dear friend Becca. Her sister hung herself this past week. So sad. Suicide is just a sad topic. To think someone is so lost that death would be a better option leaving your children and husband is just sad. Life is hard no denying it but if you are ever at the point where death is your only option will you please reach out for help. Help is out there and I promise the sun will come out brighter and bigger in time. Hang in there my friend you have options I promise. Hugs to dear sweet Becca.
Corby felt strongly about visiting his mother so we loaded up a meal and made a quick visit. It worked out nice since Teesh was headed back to Logan and so her drive was half as long winning! Hear a theme here....
Grandma Hansen was thrilled to have us. We ate lasagna that I had previously made and enjoyed small talk for about an hour. We had a meeting we needed to get home to and Gma Hansen had a party to attend so we said our goodbyes.
We have a fancy car named Lucy. She tells you the tire pressure of each tire or lack of. Lucy was a screaming that one tire was a tad low like normal is 38 and she was at 20.  Pulled over, took a gander, found a nice round hook so back to grannies we went. Corby is a rockstar with tire changing and within 15 minutes we were back in business.
We missed our meeting but we got home safely so winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment