Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Awards!!!

The count down is beginning! Less than 2 months to graduation. It's bittersweet. Today Malia found out she is graduating top 50 of her graduating class of 500. I tell you what, Malia is my hero. Nothing will stop that girl. She sets her goals high (maybe a little too high) and gets exactly out of life what she desires. I love that she doesn't allow fear to get in her way. Malia goes after what she wants not making excuses along the way just makes life happen. Impressive!
I learned in a class I took this week that we as humans are to want which in turn helps us create. The society we live in with immediate gratification or worse case scenario we have to wait 2 days for shipping takes the desire for want. If you talk to most they don't want for much. When a young teenager who excelled in anatomy was asked if he would want to be a doctor his response was "8 years of medical school would be boring, so no I won't be a doctor" We need to provide our children opportunities to do things they don't love i.e.) chores... to help instill in them a need to want and experience delayed gratification. A child wants to play a sport or an instrument and boom they have the instrument or necessary sports equipment to begin the dream. Lets have our children earn money to purchase their own instrument and supplies. As we allow our children to wait it teaches valuable techniques that will help your children grow to much more responsible and goal achieving adults. As we want we create and one of the many purposes of this life is to learn to create. We are the masterpiece of our lives, what are you painting? Stepping off soap box.....



Malia is a creator. She is an amazing young woman who knows how to want and wait for good things. She found out she was close to being in the top 50 so she did the necessary requirements to make this want turn into reality. She did not sit back and say, "oh, it's too much work", "oh, I might fail so why try", she put her efforts where they needed to be and she achieved a pretty amazing award. 

Malia was asked to choreograph the dance performed and competed at State a few weeks ago. Malia was presented with most outstanding dancer of Taylorsville High School.



Because we believe whole heartedly in celebrating good successes and attempts we went to one of Malia's favorite restaurants tonight. Blue Lemon. Have you eaten there? oh my goodness every item on the menu makes my mouth water. So yummy! Miss Breeta  got her favorite spaghetti.

 Malia loves their Chicken Parmesan. It's so funny EVERY TIME we eat here her meal is brought out last and she has to watch us all eat. It happened again tonight. Poor Malia. It was worth the wait.

 Heres my favorite. Raspberry Salad. So fresh. So flavorful and it has crunchy nuts. Heaven!
Of course we ordered our hummus and vegetables 


 Before we met at the restaurant Malia and I made a trip downtown to grab the best dessert ever. Do you see the size of that cookie? It has mini Cadbury eggs, milk and white chocolate chips and its smell was so divine.



 You get 4 of these delicious pieces of yum. I dare you try to eat a cookie and not feel like your life is not been fulfilled.


After we stuffed our guts Malia and I ran to the mall for some Easter dress shopping while Corb took the two youngest to Costco for Easter dinner makings. 
Malia is truly one of my favorite people. She is so dang fun. We laugh at everything. She pushes me and I love her for it. She makes me a better person. She forgives me when I make dumb choices. Lucky am I to be her mom. Teenage years can sometimes be so challenging and she has made it a breeze. Literally raising herself and I have been along for the fun of it. I am gonna miss my alone time with this busy crazy motivated nugget. So proud and so happy for today in celebrating my Malia Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment