Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spring Break plus Easter

This years spring break was a little anti climatic when you compare it to being in the Dominican Republic last year. Oh well win some lose some.  To top off the difficulty Malia has spring break the week after Bria and Ada. So homebound we are! But you know staycations can be fun too. We live in a beautiful city with numerous activities at our finger tips. I love living in the Salt Lake Valley. I love there are multiple locations for the same store(weird, I know) I love that I can attend a jazz game and see the opera in same weekend with a 15 minute commute. Salt Lake you have my heart, which is a good thing seeing how I am building a house here.

The kids in our neighborhood also weren't out for spring break so my girls had fun with each other but let's be honest they are each others best friends so it works. We did get together with a few friends a couple of days. My friend, Stacy Reed, has two little girls the same ages as Bria and Ada so when they play they both get to go. Kaylee and Alyssa are friends from NPA. They live in South Jordan so I see many play dates when we move closer. Good family and bonus Stacy has built 4 times so of course I pick her brain every time I see her. She has given me such good ideas like putting a plug above your cabinets for Christmas lights or if you want to decorate with a lamp. Then get this you plug the item in up top and then wire it to the turn on/off switch below genius!!! She is a good friend. We met clear back when Malia was in kindergarten. Her son Bryson would get the same awards as Malia so we would attend all the gatherings together. Fun times. Her son, Bryson is applying for Stanford and plans to serve a 2 year mission. Can't believe these little ones are graduating blows my mind, it was just yesterday I swear they were in 2nd grade.

We met with my neighbor who babysits her granddaughters each week at McDonalds for a lunch date. My girls were in heaven to get to order something different than water ha ha. Spring break brings out the wild side in me I guess.

We went to dinner and watched a couple of movies. Wrinkle in Time and Sherlock Gnomes. Grateful Malia is a good sport when it comes to the movie selections we have with siblings under 13. Sherlock Gnomes was exactly what I expected but Wrinkle in Time spoke to my soul. Warriors are called. I am a warrior and I will seek my purpose. Good show. It was a little bit scary for my little girls and they hung on to me for dear life. Hope nightmares don't result. It was PG for Petes sake. Good movie, spoke to my soul. 


On Friday we were blessed to have some of our favorite peeps come visit us. We ate a delicious dinner, Honey Stung Chicken(delish, first time I made it and it's a keeper) we went to see the house, the kids played in the huge dirt piles and laughed and laughed. It made me so happy to hear those sounds and see cousins playing. Bria and Tobias are really growing quite a bond. Ada, my sweet little mothering Ada, would take Zane by the hand and carefully show him the best way to be safe. Heart Melted!!!!
We returned and dyed eggs. I boiled 3.5 dozen and we all had a ball. Malia and Jamie helped!




 Our masterpieces
 We had a contest who had the most colorful paper towel.




 Saturday morning we headed to the neighborhood easter hunt. Bria and Ada were in same age group this year. Yay!!! 


 once the horn is blown the eggs and candy are scooped up within minutes. Pretty sure girls found more than their fair share.

 after general conference we did our traditional egg hunt. I fill the eggs and Corby hides them. We have special eggs that hold papers with numbers that correlate with specific amounts of money. This year the highest bill was $20. I love surprising the girls with different amounts each year.
 as the girls were searching it dawned on me next year we will be doing this in our new bigger backyard. Wow, its becoming more and more of a reality
 I spy an orange egg my sweet Ada Rae
 looks like spring is here
Lucky this year Easter fell on General Conference weekend and April fools day . I made my cinnamon rolls and we had a terrific Easter dinner. Teesh and James joined us for dinner on Sunday. Bria taught us about the reason for Easter and we played games as a family until Teesh took off to the great land of Logan. Our Easter dinner is this spiral ham, funeral potatoes, green beans, jello jigglers, and deviled eggs. James brought us a lovely bouquet of flowers and a box of yummy sugar cookies. Great holiday. Only thing to make it better was if I could talk to my sweet Sierra...which will happen next month so patience is my motto!






No comments:

Post a Comment