Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, April 26, 2018

This is the Place Park


Our school goes on one field trip per grade level each year. Each year they ask for chaperones and I do my darnedest to be available for this high sought after experience to earn my volunteer hours. So far I am batting 100% in being chosen. I love the one on one time with my nuggets and I love getting to see them with their peers. Have you been to This is the Place Park? It's seriously such a cool place. It might look like they don't offer much but man when you get inside that's not the truth on any level. So many buildings and each holds an employee dressed in proper time attire filled with knowledge that is just mind blowing. We get to go inside the houses and see how they lived. In one tiny little one room home there was a family of 12. Only the parents get a bed and the children slept on the floor. Boys slept in a loft. There was a petting zoo. The children got to pet a chick, baby goat, sheep, and rabbit. So soft and absolutely adorable. 



 We ate lunch in the park. Ada was stoked to get her lunchable. Those babies are reserved for special days and a field trip constitutes a special day.
 Here we learned about how at the young age of 3 the children begin chores. 3 year olds churn the butter, 7-8 year olds milk the cows. This lady was so cute in her knowledge and was patient with the children and their curiousity.
 We rode a train around the entire park and saw some super cool things and learned great history.

 Here's my co-wart. 
Love my Ada Rae and her personality.



 baby horse and it's momma

 This activity was how the little kids learned how to milk a cow. They would apply just enough pressure to help the bear shimmy up the rope. Creative minds those pioneers had.



 Ada and her friend Kennidee, two peas in a pod.

I didn't get any photos but we also learned how to do laundry and plant gardens. We also learned how to spin wool and make clothes. Did you know one pair of socks took about 15 hours to create. We are so lucky to enjoy the modern conveniences of this day.
I loved being with Ada all day. She is so fun. Her little laugh and grin bring a smile to my face daily. She is so much like Sierra. I have to take a double take often to remember its not de ja vue
Love that my schedule is free to attend field trips and support my girls. Love them all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment