Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Leaders; San Diego

Every year Corby's hard work gets rewarded with an all expense paid trip to different parts of the country. Usually out of the US but this year we went to San Diego. When we arrived at the airport, the airline helpers asked if we were sky priority or first class. Corby continued toward first class and I was confused. That little stinker of mine surprised me with a first class experience. It was glorious. Spacious seating. pillows. Blankets. Snacks and not just typical airline snacks ha ha. It's fun to do different things than we have ever done. Thanks Corby for working hard and creating a fun eventful life together.


It was fun while we waited for our flight to see our friends from Oklahoma arrive. They had a connecting flight in Salt Lake so we were able to get caught up. They are basically the only other couple who doesn't drink alcohol on these trips. They do drink a glass of wine here and there but nothing like the other folks we spend the week with. To each their own, but I prefer remembering my vacations ha ha

Once we arrived in sunny San Diego we got settled and had a meet up that evening with the other attendees. Corby finished 3rd this year out of thousands of agents. I am so proud of him. He was only a few hundred dollars from 2nd place so lets see what next year brings.
It is always fun to see familiar faces once a year and get caught up. Even though my preference is Gwynn and Scott, I do have many friends in this circle.

One thing about these events is we don't lack for food and fancy food at that. I am always so stuffed with the amazing food options. So much fresh sea food just makes me so happy. Nothing beats a coconut shrimp!

Monday morning, Corby was asked to present on a panel so we spent the first morning apart. I caught up Kelly from Arizona, Gwynn for Oklahoma, Christine from Connecticut and Brenda from Washington. We discussed important matters; eyelash extensions was on the top of the list as well as  body building. Several of my friends have interest in both these areas and I couldn't be happier. Love talking about fitness especially with others who are similar in age. Age is a factor in exercise and weight loss. The younger you are the easier the process the older you get the trickier it can be. Relatable is my favorite!

After Corby finished his presentation that he nailed BTW. Everyone in that meeting came out and greeted me with "Corby did an amazing job, He is a great agent, He is a comedian, etc". Love seeing Corby find his niche and excel. Most don't know this side of Corby and its time his true character was exposed.

The day was spent relaxing pool side and enjoying the sunshine. At 4pm we loaded a shuttle and headed to La Jolla for a fancy dinner at Eddy V's. Have you heard of it? yea, me neither but wow it was amazing. Have you ever eaten dinner that took 3 hours? We had several experiences where dinner was 3 or more hours. When it takes 3 hours, you know you are about to indulge in some gourmet experience.  Restaurant was beachside so you heard the waves crashing against the rocks and the birds chirping, the atmosphere was memorable.

Curtis and Brenda from Washington

 Before we ate, we explored some quaint shops on the strip. This National Geographic Gallery was mind blowing. Had to get a photo of the elephant for the lovers in my family. So cute.

 This photo was just breath taking. My photo is a pathetic replica. Just take my word, gorgeous

 We sneaked down to the beach for a quick glimpse. I love the ocean. Water is my sign(more on that later) water gives me direction.  So of course being this close, we took advantage.







 Excuse the windblown look it wasn't even windy until you got close to the water. My happy place










 seals on the shore



 Swordfish steak with crab and avocado with truffled macaroni and cheese, asparagus and just so much more. The good thing is the portions are small so it allows you to eat the 7 courses brought out. You think I am kidding but I am not. We had appetizers, bread, chowder, salad, main dish, side dishes and dessert. It was a lot and then all those who were drinking alcohol, so much alcohol served. Its crazy to watch and see that much food and drink be devoured. I got funny looks each time I ordered water at these fine dining. What can I say, I am a water girl always and forever.
 Upon returning to our resort this was our view as we strolled home. Gorgeous!

 The next morning we ate yet again. Did I mention they feed us constantly. Good thing its high quality food and pretty healthy. Corby got his runny eggs.
 I ordered an omelette full of fresh vegetables and delish tomatoes.

Today we are headed to a safari. I didn't take as many pictures because Scott had a great camera so he will send them and I will upload them. We rode in a helium balloon. It was so fun. We rode a tram and saw so many animals. I didn't know this safari existed but its definitely a place we will revisit.






 This is an orange tree. It is the coolest thing ever, smells so good and the trunk is beautiful. I would love one of these in my backyard. and the orange was like nothing you could imagine. Best way to explain is comparing it to a vine ripened tomato. So fresh and full of flavor.
 This is our view from our deck. There were at least 7 swimming pools at this resort.

 Tonight was celebrating the reason for the trip. 
Awards Banquet! 
I was greeted at the door with a rose, fun! Corby has earned this trip 6 years in a row which puts him in the Leaders Circle. He also exceeded the requirements to attend which put him in the presidential circle. He has a special leaders sports jacket and gets extra acknowledgment and recognition at the awards banquet. He finished 3rd in the company. Do you understand what an accomplishment this is? The company is a national company with thousands of agents and Corby is the 3rd top agent. I am so proud of him and his goals and how he gets after what he wants. He use to be a shy little boy who could barely speak to a group and now he trains and mentors others to get out of their comfort zones and chase dreams. I could not be any prouder of him. I love you Corby Earnest Hansen. You make life amazing and even though we have our differences, we make a pretty amazing team. Love you honey. Speaking of honey, I took this photo because this, this was so yummy and such a great idea. To honey is on the bottom with butter with cadence salt (its flavored with wine) the combination of flavors was divine. So yummy. Try it (without the wine salt ha ha)
 lobster and steak with vegetables to make you drool.
 The Leaders Circle

 My man in lights!!!!
 We are up on stage receiving Corby's many awards




my rose
 The following day Corby went golfing and I relaxed with some pool side reading and then got an amazing massage. I enjoyed the spa after the massage and just soaked up the sunshine. I need my vitamin D. 
Most of our friends went on the wine tour so we enjoyed a quiet day relaxing and spending time alone. 
That evening the Presidential Circle met for an exclusive dinner at a steak house. There were 8 couples who made Presidential Circle out of 200. The others ate dinner at a close by Italian Restaurant.
 golf course
 My dinner  ha ha. I am going to prepare my carrots like this next time I cook them. Brilliant idea and they were glazed with some yummy sauce. Can't beat a baked potato with a steak. Of course I got a doggy bag and John says, "Where did you grow up Jennifer, I replied Idaho, we love leftovers for breakfast" Country gal in me, can't hide it.
This dinner was close to $250 for just mine. 
Serious money dumped this week on food.
 Dinner was followed up with a brownie sundae. When I tell you this changed my life you must believe it. The nuts were roasted. The ice cream was real and the brownies were like nothing I had ever eaten. I was seated next to John Haver's wife. John Haver is in the corporate office and is over a lot of Corby's office directions. His wife was so fun. She was so real. You know when you get around people who make a lot of money you fear you won't relate or measure up but she was so genuine. She has two daughters with the oldest graduating in June. We talked about seniors and the stress/excitement that comes we it. I enjoyed my evening. Corby and I were seated with the #1 agent in the company. It was also fun to pick his brain and learn from him.
 What in the world??? I could not pass this up as I walked past it in the airport. 
Seriously ha ha!!
 Well it's time to go home and get back to the grind. I love these 5 day get aways with Corby. It resets our live and helps us establish new goals for the upcoming year. Next year Futurity First is taking us to Puerto Rico. They showed us a video of what the resort looks like. Can't wait for next April, its so beautiful.
I miss my angels and always am happy to get home. Malia picked us from the airport and Teesh came down for the week to make this all possible. I sure love my girls and appreciate all they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment