Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Adulting; Malia Style

Couple of blinks and look what happens!!

cute as a button......












to drop dead gorgeous. 
Heart of gold and a personality as genuine as they come!

I don't know exactly how I feel about the whole situation but like it or not, it happened. 
Malia Ruth Hansen is 18!!!!!!

I woke up at 4am as to not miss the chance to surprise her with our traditional streamers in bedroom. 



As tradition,  birthday girl gets to choose our meals. Malia chose toaster strudels, boston cream pie and strawberry for breakfast.  Lunch, I kidnapped her and she chose Chic-Fil-A.


Dinner was a pot roast, potatoes (peeled) with BABY carrots (not the kind I buy) Malia is so funny, she says baby carrots cook more mushy, just how she likes it. I tell her all about my soap box of GMO foods (baby carrots fall in that category) but its the 80/20 balance and on birthdays all philosophies hit the high road!
After dinner, Teesh, Dad, Gma Hansen(yes, she surprised us and showed up around dinner time) Malia and Jamie all attended the temple open house. I stayed back with the two youngest to get the piles of homework under control. After the temple tour we opened gifts! 
 I saw this elephant hamper in a model home and knew it was the perfect gift for Malia. I had this puppy stored for months. I love surprising Malia. She was like what is it???haha
 She also got some new Nike running shoes and Teesh and James gave her Codename Disney. So many surprises all around.

 Then we enjoyed an ice cream cake from cold stone. 
We even engraved it with 
"Happy Birthday Mafria"


 On Saturday we had planned to get wild and crazy and race Go karts. Teesh had to work so we waited as long as we could and in the end she got to race the second of the two races. Bria and Ada were done after a few laps. Bria was so nervous to go fast and Ada's little legs just weren't quite long enough to put the pedal to the metal. They gave it a good effort though. If you know me you know I rarely wear closed toe shoes and for this event you must. They had a few extras lying around that  I  borrowed. Hair nets as socks and stylish shoes to beat the ban. I was a hot momma. They reminded me of my father-in-law and what he use to wear. Good Memories right there.

 waiting after receiving instructions as to how to operate the go carts. Sure love how Jamie loves Malia. He treats her like gold. His momma taught him well.








 We wore these stylish hairnets because the helmets are communal 
They keep score of the fastest drivers. 


Teesh joined in for the second race. She is the 3rd driver! Isn't she so cute?


Teesh #1. Ada #2. Breeta #3


What a fun day. I sure love celebrating my durlas. Malia is my little ray of sunshine. She is my "go-to" girl. She is driven and creates magic. She doesn't let anything stand in her way. Fear is never something that keeps her from achieving what she desires. I learn daily from my Mafria. I could go on and on about my Malia Ruth. Just know I love her. I am so proud of her. I look up to her. I will miss the heck out of her come August.
Malia, be true to you. Never change who you are to please anyone ever. Continue to shoot for the stars and heaven knows you'll get everything you aim for. The fact you have your entire 4 years of schooling paid for and most of your housing is still just amazing. Love your stinking guts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment