Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Every June it is Father's Day. Every year I have high hopes to surprise Corby with something fantastic and every year time gets away and I end up with just make shift gifts. This year is a new day. 
Corby loves Baklava, it is a Greek dessert. I found a friend who knows how to make it and the plans became motion. After a crazy hectic morning of basketball and piano recitals I went to my friend, Melissa, to use her kitchen. I had purchased the necessary items beforehand. Malia helped me create this masterpiece. Corby was curious why I had to be gone for several hours but he soon quit asking questions that were not resulting in answers he was seeking.

I have to say the process isn't hard, just time consuming steps and some steps are so finicky that one mess up will ruin the entire item, talk about stress. With the help of Malia, Melissa, and a thorough recipe we succeeded in my first attempt at Baklava.


Corby was amply surprised! Check one off for a successful surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment