Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bloomers

Malia is my determined goal achieving girl. As one of her 10 hour value projects she decided to learn how to make bloomers for herself then teach/assist the others to make theirs as well. Malia was so concerned it wouldn't take 10 hours but I assured her it would be plenty. She had the girls supply their own material, bed sheets, and they brought them to our home. Next we bought a pattern and other supplies. We thought we were set to begin the task at hand. Now, as a side note, I am not a seamstress at all. I can hem a few things and make simple things but patterns are out of my league. Malia did not mention her sewing plans with me until it was pretty much too late to change her mind so we went with the idea hoping for the best. The pattern was a nightmare and long story short I called on my good friend Karen to assist us in this undertaking. It took over 10 hours and purchasing another pattern and then borrowing another pattern to finally be ready to sew.  Malia did great. Karen showed her what to do and Malia cut out all the girls bloomers. It all turned out. If you are dying to know, yes she more than exceeded her 10 hours and learned a lot. Malia you are a sweet angel and I am so proud of you.







Second day of working on the project but becoming more confident.






There's my cute Malia in her entire get up! Trek is going to be such a life changing experience for her. I can
 wait to hear all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment