Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Vegas, in Style

We got to see how the "other side"  gets to live for the next three days.
 It was exciting to arrive in the airport with a gentlemen dressed all fancy waiting to give us a ride. He helped us get our luggage and drove us to the hotel. He drove a fancy BMW, only my dream car, which couldn't have made my day anymore sweet. Why I didn't get a picture is devastating to me still.  We stayed in the Paris Hotel on the strip. How this trip all happened was because of Corby's hard work ethic and accomplishing goals. In his industry the goal is to make it to Leaders. Each year it is in a different destinations, this year Las Vegas, next year Cancun. I have to say when they announced the location I thought really? What is there to do in Vegas? Isn't it just a dirty feeling city with pure evil? Well, yes to all those questions but when someone else is footing the bill and there are no children to worry about we found a lot of fun in Vegas. Here let me tell you all about it......





Once we were all settled in our room, we went out for lunch and went browsing. It was a beautiful day both temperature and views. It is fun to keep having these little get away's, we have had more than our fair share these past few months


Corby was exhausted so I found him relaxing and enjoying himself on our sofa

We had some time to kill before our first meeting so we went to eat at a highly recommended restaurant. If we bought a membership card for $1.00 we got a buck off our meal, so what's the harm. While we were waiting to be seated for lunch, we talked and watched tons of poor souls pouring hundreds of dollars into the slot machines. It was sad to see how much money was being wasted. After lunch, which I must say was mighty tasty, we realized that our cards we purchased for the discount on the food each had $10 on them for gambling. Our lunch cost about $20 so I suggested we play the $20 and try to earn back the cost of lunch. Corby found a machine he had watched a gentlemen play for over 45 mins. Being clueless to the gambling scene I gave Corby my card and he began pushing buttons, within 7 minutes our $20 was gone. The machine spit out  4 receipts; 1 for $3.00 1 for $9.00  1 for .70 and 1 for $100. Corby read the numbers out loud and said, "am I seeing that correctly"? We took our receipts to the cash in station and walked out with our $112.70. We both could not stop laughing, for the remainder of the day I kept giggling. 
Girls don't gamble but sometimes you do win!

I thought these chandeliers were stunning. Such a beautiful hotel.
Just a random photo of a desert bunny. Bria and Ada loved this.


At 5:00, we met up with all the others. Dinner was fancy finger foods and then they surprised us with an Elton John concert. It was awesome. I did not recognize all the songs he played but wow his piano skills are mind blowing. Elton John is in his 70's. His concert was classy. He plays on a million dollar piano. It was such a fun evening. When we returned to our hotel on our bed was a CD of Elton John's greatest hits. I have never been to a show in Vegas, so check that from the bucket list.


Paris Hotel
Before the trip I wanted to see a show in Vegas. My first pick was Celine Dion but it was her off season so Blue Man Group was selected. They were different than I anticipated. Super cool, but just different. My photos are awful, no cameras allowed but a few camera shots I sneaked.


After the show, I braved it to get a shot. It was creepy having him so close. He was breathing so heavy, kind of freaked me out...a lot!
What a great night. We walked back to our hotel enjoying all the naked people everywhere, NOT. There were pole dancers on the tables, it is just amazing the world outside my little bubble. My bubble is so peaceful and warm.

Futurity First also provided us a ferry ride to see Hoover Dam. This excursion was almost 4 hours. It was a bus ride, then ferry ride then bus ride. I enjoyed spending time with Gwen and Scott. They live in Oklahoma and are wonderful people. Gwen and I have a lot in common. We could talk for hours, which we kind of did.
Before we got on the ferry we saw this site, Corby was in his element. He loves photographing wildlife.




Our Ferry for the next two hours
Hoover Dam





Who's the hottie in the glasses?




Scott Bulmer in the stripes green and blue

Tuesday, we got to spend the entire day doing what we wanted minus the awards ceremony that evening. What do you think a girl like Jennifer and a boy like Corby would choose to do for their free time?  You guessed it, listen to a timeshare presentation to earn $150. It took a lot longer than expected but in the end we got lunch and $150 cash. Corby was ready to purchase but we made a deal that if he tried I got 100 days of my choice. I had to pull the 100 day card to get him to begin thinking straight. OK, here's the deal, time shares are great. I think they have their place but I just can't get past those darn maintenance fees. This particular place was only $420 a year. No Thank You!
During the presentation I am not sure what was in lunch but let's just say I wasn't feeling so hot. I spent a lot of time looking for a restroom.


Bellagio Hotel



A jeweled car in the mall.
Swirly things in the mall

View outside the window of the pool. Doesn't it look refreshing?

window shots are never super great, you get the idea of the beauty, right?
You can't stay in Paris and not partake of a crepe. This baby was huge so Corby and I split it. It was so yummy. The Hazel nuts were my favorite part.
We had the Award's Ceremony the last night and then woke up at 4:00AM to catch our flight to get back for Sierra's assembly. Here comes our ride!







Arriving to the airport in style. What a memorable trip. Thanks Corby for allowing us this opportunity. Not many can say they went to Vegas and came home with almost $400 more than they left with. Here's for shooting for Cancun next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment