Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Friday, April 25, 2014

Healthy/Traditonal Food

Super Random but I have been learning to make new foods and wanted to share. If I don't say so myself I think some of these dishes look rather tasty. Pictured above is sweet and sour chicken, so delish! Below is crackers, similar to a triscuit. I put a little too much seasoning on them but my family still gobbled them up within days. Some have mocked me and asked why I do such silly things with my time, my answer is this: I want to know what I feed my family, I want the skills that if going to the store was taken away, my family would still be eating and not just boring stuff. Yes, can you buy the processed food for cheap, absolutely, but this is my motto, pay for it now or pay for it later in your health. To each their own but this is why I practice making such items. Come on over sometime and try some of these, I promise you'll love them.

Stuffed Bed Peppers are some of my favorite dishes. You can make them so many different ways but pictured is our families favorite recipe. Who doesn't love meatloaf, roasted rosemary potatoes with asparagus topped with Parmesan cheese. I tell ya, heavenly!


Do you see these little pretties? Teriyaki Almonds, made healthy. You will love them I know my family all does. My oldest brother made me laugh yesterday, he stopped in and I offered him multiple food samplings, his response, "Do you have any normal food Jenny?" Oh my goodness, only a brother can get away with a comment like that, sheesh!
I guess I am creating quite the reputation but hey, we all will be remembered for something, mine will be weird healthy food, couldn't be happier.

Navajo Tacos
Not the most healthy but with homemade chili and fresh toppings it goes in the semi healthy category. Scones, not healthy but so yummy! 

Caramel Popcorn, Sunday evening tradition since college
Black Bean Muffins
chicken, black rice with roasted veggies

Zucchini Bread with chocolate chips
(Bria helped, think there is enough chips?)



No comments:

Post a Comment