Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

6 Week Challenge

I am not sure if I completely lost my marbles during child birth or amongst the teenage glory days but I concur I have lost them.
I have always been active my entire life. I work out at Gold's Gym basically 5 to 6 days a week and love it! I have been a member for over 17 years. I have made some amazing friendships over the years and feel completely comfortable entering the gym each morning.
As part of that comfort, I have been feeling like I need an additional pick me up to recharge my body and get some different results. I was browsing Facebook and an advertisement for Pure Work was displayed. Long story short, I went to their little seminar and loved what I was hearing. Without discussing this decision with Corby, I went ahead and signed up for the 6 week challenge.
I have an intense workout every morning at 5, 6 or 7 o'clock I have 6 meals I eat every 3 hours and I have an amazing team to keep me motivated. At the end of the 6 weeks if I achieve my goal, I will get all the money I paid back.
I am a goal getter. I will do everything needed to achieve this goal. It has almost been a week and I am DOG tired. I have been doing two work outs a day and eating with perfection. To not achieve this goal is not an option. I will keep you posted as I continue this journey.

So I am now half way through the challenge. It has been amazing(most days) I am not going to lie. It is hard. Do you know how many gatherings I have attended in these past three weeks where everyone ate delicious looking yummy food while I munched on chicken or almonds!!! At the half way mark, I am down 8.6 lbs. I was a little sad, I was shooting or 10. Everyone that has done the challenge said that the last half is when your body will really shed the fat so I have new hope.
I love the exercises we do. They are so motivating to me for some reason. I am feeling stronger and more powerful everyday. I do wish I would have taken measurements before I began as I can tell clothing is fitting differently.


The moment has arrived!!!!
drum roll............
I stepped on the scale, Tuesday the 8th of July at 6:00AM to reveal my total loss.



21.6 lbs ladies and gentlemen 


I did it! I visualized confetti falling from the the ceiling and my sweet sister and her husband surprised me with just that. I have to say nothing could have made the moment any sweeter than what they did. 
My fantastic family had this waiting for me upon my arrival.
Waiting for me, poor tired Magera and Mafria

Breakfast, eggs, sausage and toast(I skipped the toast)















 These pictures don't really show the transformation and truthfully I have many more pounds to go before I'll stop but this was a great beginning point and I am so so happy.

 Much to my surprise Bria and Ada came out with the celebrations with a little more than when they went to bed. Some girls have been naughty! What would possess them to draw on their faces when they should be sleeping. Heavenly Day.
You ask are you glad you did the challenge and the answer is YES! not just because I got back my $500 but I learned some great skills and conquered some mental demons. I have struggled with weight my entire adulthood life, especially since having children. Losing weight is a life long struggle and I finally feel like I have learned some skilled to conquer this beast for once and for all. 
I want to thank my family especially Teesh and Corby for filling in when I just couldn't make dinner and not eat it. I appreciate being able to go to bed early since I was getting up some mornings at 4:30. I appreciate all my daughters for understanding if I was a bit cranky due to lack of calories. In the end, I have no regrets. I will keep you posted on my next milestones. 
I have found a new challenge and it began the day before this one ended. It is way less strict but it will help me on this journey. If you are needing a change in your life look me up and I will gently hold your hand and help you find your desired destination. 
Happiness to all.


Corby surprised me with an evening at the Grand America followed by a pedicure in the morning. I will tell you more on that after it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment