Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Farewell/Setting Apart

Teesh wanted Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Chips, Salad and Cookies for her farewell gathering. With the weather having a chill in the air, I knew our home would not support 100+ so we reserved a building weeks in advance. Well, as it would happen days before the event, we were informed we could no longer use that building. UGH! Serious, we have the invites sent out, we have the decorations bought, good thing Corby can come up with Plan B at the drop of a hat. We were able to rent the Town Home Clubhouse with just days to the celebration.
Leticia gave a talk I will always remember. She amazes me at every turn. She spoke with such poise and articulation. She remained composed and did a fantastic job. Most of Corby and I's siblings were in attendance and then we were showered with lots of love from friends. I was busy keeping things running that Clarissa was left in the car but Teesh snapped a few shots at the end so here is a few glimpses of the beautiful day.








Bria noticed a lot of cards with money were being handed to Teesh. Such a sweetie that Bria and Ada are they both raided their piggy banks and gave Teesh ALL they had in there. Bria gave Teesh $5.00. Bria said, "I want to help Teesh out on her mission." How many times can a heart break in few short days?
After the farewell gathering ended, the party after the party began. A few loved ones came back to the house and we ate, played games and enjoyed the last Sunday as a family.
Rod, is Sierra's friend, came over to hang as well. I like to tease him and take pictures because of all the selfies him and Sierra post

Ada insists on doing her own hair. She actually does a pretty decent job. She wanted me to document this latest hair style
Ada also gave all she had in her piggy bank. $1.00 to the mission fund. Teesh said to me later, I really don't want to take all their money mom. I told her I would take care of the situation. Isn't that just the sweetest little memory. $6.00 isn't much towards a mission expense but the idea that they will give all they have to Teesh. I love my family!
Just a few shots of some of my favorite people. Jaren in middle always provides my heart with laughter and love. He is so good to know me and offer a laugh.
Kylar was being a typical 16 year old and kept interfering with my photography. Kylar is a chip off the ole block.


Malia and Arianna. It was a pleasant surprise for Arianna and her family to visit. Arianna's father is Troy who is Corby's oldest brother

The next day my parents came to stay. My Dad woke up not feeling the best. Ada took great care of him while he fell asleep during his journal entry. Poor Grandpa Ellis!
Teesh invited a few close family members to witness her setting apart. Jaren, Talia, and Kaylen came. Grandpa and Grandma Ellis and Grandma Hansen and then our family. We met at the Stake Center at 9:00PM. President Schulte spoke to Teesh privately for a bit while the gang slid star blankie across the large high council table. It was refreshing to take my mind off what was about to happen.
After the setting apart took place, we came back home and Teesh had everyone in attendance tell her what they remembered in her setting apart. She recorded the memories in her mission journal. I made brownies and ice cream sun daes for everyone.



Teesh was given such great counsel in her blessing. Many tears were shed and it is an evening we will all remember. My last night with my family as I  know it. So happy and so so sad at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment