Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

MTC

Today is a bittersweet day. 
We woke up and I made breakfast burritos per Teesh's request. We had a slow morning of finalizing packing and getting tears out(so I thought anyway). Grandma and Grandpa Ellis spent the night and enjoyed the morning with us.


While I was doing other prep, Dad, the seamstress was doing a fix it job. What a good Dad.
Headed to Provo. 
This will be the last time I will look back and see these 5 smiling faces. I am seriously so blessed to have these spirits in my life. I love each of them with all that I have to offer. Even when Ada won't cooperate and Bria is silly. They have no idea was is about to happen ;(
Grandpa Ellis suggested Creamery on 9th East before getting to the MTC. Good suggestion grandpa. We were all impressed with the yumminess.
My three lovelies
We went to the Provo Temple grounds before hitting the MTC. This is where the reality of the experience started to hit. It was so hard to take these photos.



Teesh, you are amazing. You are so amazing. Do you hear me? You are a Daughter of our Loving Heavenly Father. He will watch out for you. I wish I could sneak in your suitcase and witness first hand the transformation that will take place. I miss you already and you are still in my arms.






These two have no idea what blessings they will experience due to Teesh serving our Lord. They all three share such a great relationship and due to Teesh being absent for the next 18 months that relationship will change but they will always remain close and have the rest of their lives to develop a new better relationship.

Teesh will enter the Provo Temple on her P-Day to complete our goal of hitting all Utah Temples.

And we round the corner to see this......missionaries directing us to the dreaded departure. My heart is so heavy!

Bria worked on hard to complete her portrait of Teesh. It melted all our hearts as Teesh shed tears upon receiving it. Oh Bria you are such a sweet sweet soul just like Teesh. So many similar qualities these two share. UGH!....sniff sniff
Time to get the luggage
The last hug session, so hard!!!!







I have to admit. This moment felt like a dull ice pic stabbing my heart 5 times. No one prepared me for how hard this would be. I naturally knew it would be hard but the magnitude was indescribable. Wow! How can a heart be so happy and breaking at the same time.
The sweet missionary that patiently waited while we said our goodbyes turned to Teesh when she was ready and said,"Are you Ready?" Teesh shook her head and he said very enthusiastically, "Put a Smile on your face and let's get going!" And just like that she was gone.






Sister Leticia Hansen, you will do amazing things in the mission field. I am selfish and don't want to share you, but the Lord personally asked you to serve and I must let go. I can't wait for the first email stating how great you are doing. I love you. We all love you. Our family will miss you but we will see you soon. Very Very Soon. The field is ready for harvest, go find those souls searching for the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment