Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Struggles



"In the Lord's service the path is not always easy. It often requires sacrifices, and we will likely experience adversity. But in serving Him, we discover that His hand is truly over us,...The Lord expects us to be as faithful, as devoted, as courageous as those who went before us. They were called to give their lives for the gospel. We are called to live our lives for the same purpose."
Robert D. Hales


I get daily quotes in my email. This was today's! The Lord knows me. I have had three very hard experiences pop up these past few weeks. One of the experiences, has really made me want to be released from my calling. I am being asked to do some really hard things and frankly I don't want to do them. I know this life is full of trials and tests and in the end, we will be rewarded for our struggles but for today I am floundering. I have the most amazing life.  My life is filled with friends and family who I can count on at the drop of a dime. I am so blessed but at the same time I am so so lonely. I have been given a large trial to bear. I am grateful for the knowledge that my Heavenly Father is constantly looking out for me and he loves me. At times, this life will be hard, even too much, but in the end I will be triumphant because the Lord is on my side.

Dropped Teesh off at the MTC today. A portion of my heart stayed at the MTC today. I love Leticia so much. I am so proud of her. I was lucky enough to have her around for the past 8 months. We spent most everyday together. She worked a lot but she was home and my side kick a lot. I loved it! I loved our conversations. I loved her company. I loved her sense of humor. I loved how she softened me. I loved her insight on topics. I loved her smile. I loved her kind demeanor. Leticia is amazing! As I sit here, bawling my eyes out, because I miss her so I wouldn't want her anywhere else but serving the Lord. It is Teesh's time to spread her wings and fly. I miss her like you have no understanding but it is time to let her grow into the next phase of HER life. She is going to be such an positive influence to all that are near her. So today I mourn her but I rejoice her as well. Go get 'em Teesh and I will be your biggest fan cheering and supporting you along the way. I love you to the moon and back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment