Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Breeta's Golden Birthday

There is no possible way my little 7#14oz baby is now double digits. Nope, I am in denial and as long as there is denial it doesn't exist. Stay little my sweet sweet miracle baby who I prayed for and longed for for years. You are well worth the wait Miss Bria Paige!!!

Traditions are strong in this household. Many years ago I thought hanging crepe paper as streamers in the birthday girl's bedroom doorway complete with balloons would be fun. Well 10 years later we are still going strong. Bria requests the color and style now ha ha.  Anything you want my sweet angel girl, I love celebrating you sweet princess.
As the birthday girl wishes the birthday girl gets all day long. Bria wanted crepes for breakfast and to eat at Denny's for lunch and then Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner, holy carbs girl haha
Grandma Hansen came down for other obligations and stopped by to spend a little time with Miss Breeta. We all headed to Denny's and had a terrible experience. Not to be negative just to be real I like recording all aspects of our life. Ok so first off you are thinking well you are at Denny's what were you expecting and I totally agree but listen up you'll be amazed at our experience. So Bria's bday fell on a Sunday so we did the "go out" part on Saturday so Bria was denied being sung to and having her bday acknowledged because it wasn't her actual day.....boo for that! What grandma and myself ordered didn't come with what was promised and additional items were tacked on our ordered without explaining they weren't included. Ada asked for chicken and apples and the waitress insisted she order fries as well then brought out grapes instead of apples claiming the apples were rotten, tasty. Ada did not want the grapes so we exchanged the grapes for gold fish crackers and inside the bowl was waded up garbage........I know right! Once we saw the garbage and the fact that more than half of our meals were incorrect and also when we ordered water instead of pricey drinks we were told "Well, won't this be a fun table" I told the waitress that this was an unacceptable experience. She did not offer to reduce our bill or make any accommodations so we gave a small tip and headed out of there. I did call the general manager who promptly returned my voicemail and did give us a gift card to return. Jury is out if we will. So gross on so many levels. But we did not let that take our birthday spirited celebrations out. We headed to swig for a sugar cookie and dance drink. I really missed Sierra at this point as Swig is a favorite for Sierra. Oh how missions are bittersweet!!
After our cookie and drink, Grandma took Bria to the District to do some window shopping just the two of them. While they spent time together Corby, myself, Teesh, James and Ada all went to finalize more of our future house plans. We aren't telling many people about this endeavor for obvious reasons. There are still so many phases that much take place so for now the info is on the down low and Bria likes to talk so she got left out of the loop this go around. We did decide the lot plot and met with another neighbor who we really liked. She let us walk through her house and she told us what upgrades she would do and not do after being through the process just a year ago. Pinch me, this is just so exciting.

After shopping, all parties and Malia now joined us, met up at Pizza Pie Cafe for all you can eat pizza dessert pizza pasta and salad. Little Breeta you have amazing taste. The BYU vs UTAH game was on that evening so Malia went to friends and Teesh left with James to his house to all watch the game. While grandma, Corby, Bria, Ada, and myself made a mad dash across the street to Macey's for some case lot shopping. We were long overdue with case lot shopping so it was a double cart experience and we loaded our car trunk to the brim. Boy does it feel good to have my storage back up especially with all the natural disasters that keep occurring.

Sunday, Hollie, Clark, Samie, Gage and James plus our family all enjoyed a dinner in Bria's honor. She wanted orange chicken with white rice and sugar snap peas. Your wish is my command girlie. We held the spanking machine even though Bria kept insisting she didn't really want it but kept bringing it up so we "forced" her to go through. I love little kids. They are so fun.

Bria I want you to know I am so proud of you. You hold the kindest heart and are so sensitive to others. We will walk by homeless people and you are always asking how we can serve them. You are a math wizard and love to read. I am so lucky you are mine forever. You love to ride your bike, jump on the tramp, and plan things that are so far in advance. You are detailed about the small things in life and your ability to remember details from previous conversations blows my mind. If Bria corrects me I know she is right because she hasn't been wrong yet. You are an older spirit and so mature and respectful. You love to play with Shopkins and Grossery Gang people. I love listening to your imagination as you play. You are my America's Got Talent buddy. I look forward to watch it with you each week. I love you durla. I am so proud of you. I know you will get what you want because you have the drive and determination to make anything happen in your life.
Happy Happy Birthday Bria Paige Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment