Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Is anyone out there?

Hello! I feel like an introduction is appropriate at this point ha ha. Wow, its been longer than a year since my last post. Time flies when you are having fun and raising teenagers and youngins..
I switched from HP to Mac and I love my new computer but the learning curve has kept me on my toes. I still haven't figured it all out with photos but I have so many thoughts swarming in my noggin that I needed to just write and will add photos later. Thank goodness for classes to teach an old dog new tricks.
So school just started and that's been a whirl wind.
A little recap of where we are in our family.
Teesh just moved to Logan. She works from home so she has the luxury to live anywhere. Logan has always felt right to her. She has 3 roommates who all know each other from their missions and are all so great. Super encouraging with Teesh and include her in their activities. It's a win all around. My brother Brad and his family are close and have been a great source of comfort for her. Gotta love it when you have people you can count on and sometimes put my daughter's needs above theirs. Thankful for Brad and Teresa beyond words.
Sierra is serving a mission in Chile Concepcion South. She attended the Mexico MTC for 6 weeks July 4th. She currently has been serving in Chile for almost a month. Crazy that its been over 2 months since I gave her a hug. I miss her terribly but she is so happy and doing what she wants and it's how I want things to be. I didn't have children intending they would be around my whole life. My greatest desire is to train and teach them to be competent kind adults who go after their dreams and I will be a cheerleader on the sidelines. Go Team Hansen. Girls!! Sierra Mexico MTC companion is from St. George and was a huge blessing. She said they became instant BFF's and have helped and encouraged each other from day one. It was a tearful event to be separated once they arrived in Chile. Sarah's mom has reached out to me and we chat often. Love good people in my life. Sierra has a good friend named McKay who is serving in Equador right now. It was fun to see them prepare for their missions together and who knows where this will end in 2 years. If my vote counts I am hoping it ends in wedding bells, we shall see!
Malia is a bit of a blur(as seniors typically are) She is president of Dance Company. She is on Seminary Council. She is on our City Council. She works at our local rec center and she is Laurel President. She is up and out of here by 5:40 every morning has dance practice before and after school and gets home around 3:45 with work from 4-10.  Now do you see the blur comment.  I committed to make breakfast for my girls each school morning, so yes I am up at the crack of dawn and I love it. Malia is my ray of sunshine. She is so level headed and just a fun person. I love our time together even as limited as it is. Malia is deciding on universities and her future. She plans to serve a mission and is currently leaning towards attending BYU. A lot will be decided when scholarships start being offered. BYU has always been her goal. She has exceptional taste in good friends. Jameson is her main squeeze. She has been an instrumental influence for Jamie. He doesn't come from an active family and since they have become friends Jamie does baptisms for the dead weekly and they study the scriptures nightly through Face time.
Bria is our 4th grader. She got Ms. Sinca has a teacher. Ms. Sinca is from Romania and is a perfect fit for our Breeta. She is structured and runs a very organized classroom, perfect storm for Miss Bria to learn in. Bria attends Navigator Pointe Academy and says being in a 5.5 math class is not her favorite ha ha. Our school is a level base learning school and so if you are in 4th grade but are capable in doing mid to end of year 5th grade level work you'll be assigned to the more advanced class. Just one of the many reasons why NPA has my heart and always will.
Bria loves tennis and is taking an Art class. She is also in piano and is interested in drama. Now is the season for exploring little angel so lets do it.
Ada Rae is our 2nd grader. She has Mrs. Corbett(her kindergarten teacher) We made the decision to have Ada repeat first grate. Best. Decision. Ever. for our little munchkin. She is thriving and her confidence is sky high. She has a new friend daily and is our little social butterfly. She was competitively dancing the last two years and I believe in balance so we pulled that plug until she is a bit older. She has the talent and ability to go far in that arena but for now we will explore new things for a bit. She is currently enrolled in Epic Gymnastics. She keeps getting moved up to another level each class. I knew this would be the case because that little rubber band can learn and master a skill in a snap of a finger. She is so fun to watch. She is beginning piano this year and just entered activity days and loves it. She is walking on cloud nine this past week as her leader drives a mini van and Ada wants a mini van more than I want carbs. Bucket list item checked off, rode in a mini van ha ha.
Corby is rocking the position as manager of Futurity First. He was just told his office is the #1producing office in the entire company. It is so fun to see him excel in what he loves. We are the proud owners of a 2014 Lexus, a 2017 Silverado, and a 2012 31' camper trailer. You could say this was the year of upgrades ha ha. Corby serves in the Stake Sunday school presidency and enjoys the low key responsibilities it offers. He was teaching Gospel Doctrine and would count that as one of his favorite callings and was sad to be released.
and then there's me, little old me. I am the carpool pro, chef of my pantry, macro counting animal, and living the life of my dreams ha ha.  The day to day is tough I am not going to sugar coat it. Some days I really want to go back to bed and pretend I have no schedule. Our schedule is C~R~A~Z~Y!!!!!! It's a love hate relationship for sure. Its a phase they say, you'll miss it when it's gone they say, and I am saying oh yea, try me ha ha. No, I am grateful I get to be home with my girlies and volunteer in their classes and be here for that 15 minutes to catch up with Malia and my weekly interaction with Sierra and my daily snapchats with Teesh and texting. Would not trade it for the world just sometimes I get a little tired you know..
I have been serving as Young Women's President for over 3 years and I love it. It is so fulfilling and time consuming but hey I made a covenant to serve so I might as well serve where I feel the most love.
So that's a recap. I will be better about updating and I will get caught up, that's a promise. So stay
tuned and get ready to have your mind blown with all the excitement I will soon be sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment