Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Labor Day

Wow, life is just a whirl wind of fun and crazy and time flies by so quickly. I have decided to just begin in the present and then play catch up of the highlights of the last year. So many wonderful things have happened this past year and I want our family records to hold those memories.
I have decided that the best approach for my records is a week glance and special highlight posts for really specific memories. So this will turn into more of a journal at a week glance. This feels right to me.
Labor Day weekend we reserved a camp spot at the Landmark RV.  It was a beautiful weekend. We didn't arrive to our destination until Friday evening pretty late but that's one of the perks of owning a trailer. Set is already done!





Saturday morning the girls swam and enjoyed the beautiful morning while I read my book and enjoyed listening to their laughter. Nothing is sweeter than fresh air and children's giggles. A tradition we have in our family is that each member gets to choose a meal we eat each week.  It's seriously one of the best things I have come up. I love to cook, but ideas are sometimes a struggle so if I have 7 family members and there are 7 days in a week problem solved and when on vacation its extra helpful because now I have a full kitchen to utilize while camping. Win Win
We eat like a king and queens and sleep like ones too. Seriously air conditioning and heat and flushing toilets, perfection I tell ya.


Ada was absolutely dying to drive a mini van so we found a car dealership and brought that dream to reality. She begs daily for us to purchase a mini van, a Chinese minivan(Toyota Sienna)
Malia, Jamie, and Teesh all drove up separately on different days to spend sometime with us. We played games, met our neighbors and enjoyed the company of Hollie and Clark for a few hours. I love being with those who I care for. Hollie taught us a new game called Lucky 7. She has a friend who is constantly finding games that we absolutely love.  Card games are the bomb diggity bomb.
I mentioned we met our neighbor, Lara. She is a widow and is living out the dreams her and her husband had been planning. She chose to not have children and now says she is so grateful because she would be raising them alone since her husband passed on unexpectantly and at a relatively young age. She has a yellow camper, yellow chairs, a yellow rug and just basically everything you could desire in the color yellow. The girls all mentioned how Grandma Hansen would love that set up.  She shared a meal with us and played games and allowed the girls to walk her little Roxy with her. It was fun to discuss our beliefs in a higher power.

We cut our camping short and came home Sunday rather than stay through Monday. We had some goals to accomplish Monday and we were far too excited to put it off another week.
Monday was full of finishing projects and prep for upcoming week. Lots and lots of exciting things were lying ahead of us. We finished the girls rain gutter regatta boats and then went house shopping.  I will leave you in suspense for now but know that dreams do come true. Dreams of 10+ years peeps is becoming a reality. I am stoked!!!

The girls both participated in the regatta on Tuesday evening and both made it to the final rounds. They worked hard and with help from Uncle Ron (an expert in creating fast boats) they were both finalist. Ha ha. It was such a fun evening seeing all the kids having fun.
Bria signed up for an Art Class at our rec center. She is taking it with a neighbor girl who recently moved in. It's fun to see Bria excel in her talents. She is loving this class and learning so much.
Wednesday, I headed down to American Fork to learn more about macro counting at CoreLife Eatery by Trainer Lindsey. This is an area that I want to implement in my life forever. It resonates with me deeply and is truly the answer to me living in my fullest highest potential. I will share more as I see fit. After the class I headed to Provo to visit with Becky, McKay's grandma. Becky is one of those people who you feel better after being around her. She is so funny. She is a breath of fresh air. She has a similar personality to my sister LaraLee. She gave me an update about McKay's mission and his family. It was a super fun afternoon. I needed it.
Thursday was just crazy awesome. I got the kids off to school and then prepared to be gone for the remainder of the day......Logan here I come.
I rode up with my friend Anna Smith who lives in Holladay. We met through some classes we both took through Kirk Duncan. I had a Reiki appointment with Mindi and Anna did some personal things.  If you don't know what Reiki is look it up, life changing. Mindi is a master at her trade and I feel so grateful our paths crossed about a year ago. We have a deep connection. Mindi helped me process the hang ups I am experiencing with the forward momentum of our future home. It was a power packed day.
At 6pm, class with Kristen Bowen, Living the Good Life Naturally, began. I love this group of ladies I get to associate with. We have weekly zoom calls every Friday and I can honestly say its a highlight of my week, second to Missionary Monday of course.  Kristen teaches me how to heal your body with superfoods and good solid supplements. I drink coconut water and molasses for potassium, sole for sodium and I soak multiple times a week for Magnesium.  I know this kind of stuff is probably boring but I find it fascinating and its my passion to feed my body with the most healthy foods possible. I believe with all I possess that God created our bodies to function on food and the processed stuff that is available is not food. It's a life mission to teach others about the products that are commonly used that don't serve you. I know most don't care, they take the approach I feel great why do anything different. Well peeps, your food choices will create your future so for today things might feel great but over time hydrogenated oils and food dyes and man made vitamin D and so much more will build up inside you and issues will arise. Ok, stepping down from my soapbox.
Our class was supposed to go 6-9 but it went until 10:30 and I did not complain. Anna and I could not stop talking the entire hour and a half ride home. I sure do appreciate Anna!
While I was in class,  Jamie picked the girls up and stayed with them until Corby got home and then Corby took Ada to gymnastics and did the evening routine. Lucky I am to have a team partner in Corby.
Friday, we went birthday shopping for our Breeta girl after school. She wanted to choose her gift so I happily obliged. Off we went to Toys R Us and grabbed a stuffed elephant for Kaylee and Bria chose her gifts. It was fun to just let her explore. After Kaylee's Tea Party, we headed to Herriman for the Futurity First Annual BBQ. Texas Roadhouse catered it and it was such a beautiful evening. Relaxing and meeting the newbies that have joined Corby's team. Oh here's where I will insert that Corby was just given the award of Top Producing Office of the entire company. I am not sure if you understand what a great honor this is. It represents the hard work Corby has put in the last few years. So proud of  Corby and his valiant efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment