Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Day in Day out

Most of my weeks are jam packed and that's just this phase of life. I am loving it and enjoying each day as they come because I know my time is short and I will wish I had more to do ha ha
I get my hair cut and highlighted every 6 and 12 weeks. I go to a lady named Ashley in Lehi. Its a drive I am not gonna lie but she is worth it. She gets me with what I want and she has become a dear friend over the years. She informed she is getting divorced after 14 years of marriage. It is sad but its sadder to see people be mistreated and taken advantage of more. I wish Ashley the best and have no doubts she will find someone to treat her the way she deserves to be treated.
Every other Monday I have class from 10:30-1:30 in South Jordan. Ann Washburn teaches it and wow I love her. She has helped me see things I have struggled with my whole life. She helps me see the issues and also offers suggestions to solve the issues. I am blessed blessed to be surrounded by individuals who are in creation mode and not victim mode. Hurray for goodness!
Ada has gymnastics every Monday and Bria has ballet. It is exciting to see my little girls growing up and developing talents. Ada still keeps telling me she likes dance better so we shall see how long our gymnastics world lasts. She is good, hands down very very good. The teachers after class keep moving her up levels. I don't care how fantastic she is though, balance is key and she is 8. She gets to be a kid and play and enjoy lots of variety and not spend hours upon hours in the studio. When she is older she can go back to competitive dance and I will be her biggest cheerleader.
After class I got the girls settle and then I spent the evening with some girlfriends. We have gotten together for over 18 years every month. Impressive I know! I love this group of ladies. We have endured a lot together and we get each other. One of my friends is going to be a grandma twice here in a few months. Can't wait to cuddle on those sweet bundles of pure joy. I think one of the things I love the most about my group of friends is we are all individuals. We accept each other even though we hold different religious beliefs and other differences.. Its a no judgement zone when we get together and its just down right a breath of fresh air I am not gonna lie. We opt for different fun places to eat at but this go around someone chose Red Robin. The company was good ha ha.
Tuesdays are Bria's art days. She loves her class and is making friends. She talks nonstop about the teacher and I can't get enough of her smile when she comes out of class.
A goal I have had for many years is to attend the temple weekly, ambitious I know, but oh so necessary for my soul. I have an abundance of family names from my mother and sister-in-law Jodi so I feel an urgency and responsibility to provide them with these sacred saving ordinances. I have had many spiritual experiences in the temple. Recently, I have been attending with my new friend, Patty Silver. She is the 2nd counselor in YWs and is an absolute delight. She is a widow and recently married my neighbor so she just lives down the street. She is a convert to the church was raised in less than desirable circumstances so I learn so much from her and her sweet spirit. She is a blessing in my life and an answer to prayers of many years. We go every Wednesday and I am grateful to have a partner.
Bria and Ada are now taking piano lessons. Sue Hardy is the best piano teacher on the planet. She is so patient and loving but firm. I wish I was required to take piano lessons as a child so my poor girls sorry you get that privilege. I believe you will thank me one day ha ha
The rest of the week was filled with gymnastics, homework and prep for the upcoming hunting expedition. Friday we had our ward fund raiser for the youth camps. We had a BBQ and had the youth bring a baked good and a service they would offer to the ward members. The ward members bid on the services and baked goods and we as a youth will power clean our garbage cans for a donation. It was a successful evening bringing in over $1,200. Not bad people.
Corby and I finalized a little more on the lot and house plans before the fund raiser. We discussed moving walls, adding garages, RV pads and so much more. Getting closer to final decision. We were able to walk through the exact floor plan we desired in a different subdivision and that helped my little visual brain so much. Its one thing on paper with dimensions all written out but to actually be in the room is another. I choose the later I am a visual gal. We are also getting final numbers put together so stay tuned, I will walk you through the process step by step as this is my families journal. I talk like others read this but in actuality I think it will only be read by my daughters once its printed.
Saturday I purchased tickets to listen to Hank Smith speak in Provo. I purchased 4 tickets so Malia brought Jamison and Madison. Hank is one of a kind. WOW! Such a powerful youth speaker. They fed us both spiritually and physically.  His topic was Teen Matters. He asked the youth are you a front row teenager or a back row teenager. Do you create your life or do you let others create it. He shared so many powerful experiences and had the entire rooms full attention. I loved that 3 hours. While I was gone with Malia, Corby took Bria to Liane's birthday party and Ada stayed with Corby.

Later that evening, the 4 of us headed to Apline to my uncles retirement party. It was held in my cousins backyard. This is my uncle George, he is my mom's only living sibling and is 11.5 years younger than my mom. George is married to Gaye and they have 5 children, Jory, Cassie, Jamie, Mindy, and Mckay. Such great fond memories growing up with these cousins. The party was held at Jamie's house and holy cow it was a mansion. She has a house that feels like the state capital upon entrance. Marble floors, three full kitchens just so amazing. She has a gym in her basement. A gym like one that looks like a church gymnasium. It was so fun mingling with that side of the family and good job George on retirement. You are an amazing man with an amazing family.
Sunday I co-taught in YW's with Brooklyn and Mary. We taught about Fasting. It was a fantastic lesson and one that I think all present felt the spirit.
Our Institute invited the seniors to attend a fireside on Sunday and guess who was the speaker??? Elder Ballard of the quorum of the 12. Malia wanted to get good seats so she went an hour early.....only to find that an hour early got her seats just not in the chapel. So moral of the story is if a general authority is speaking, get there Saturday morning for a Sunday evening fireside. She said it was amazing and helped her with some future decisions.  I wish I could have gone and listened to a prophets voice. I stayed home with Bria and Ada and our home teachers gave us a lesson and we enjoyed FHE by Corby.
Received a phone call from one of the yw moms this week and it was a little hard to grasp. I tell ya what serving the youth is a double edge sword. I love it! I love it so much but I could do without the parents. Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt. After a lengthy convo we did find a happy place so I will count that as a win.
Also, continue to be patient as I figure out how to upload photos. I figure it's best to get the words documented and then insert the photos later. So these are wordy but hey isn't that one of my traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment