Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Friday, May 17, 2013

Dinner Groups

Our ward does these dinner groups every so many months. Typically I don't host, but this go around I decided to pony up and volunteer. The way it works is different auxillaries are put in charge and if you host someone will call you and tell you who will be coming to your house for dinner. Each couple that comes, contributes to the meal. In the past it has been a really fun experience but it always seems like Corby and I get put with the older folks that we have nothing in common with. So I took matters into my own hands and invited three couples to my house. I just let the primary presidency know of my idea and the secretary said it should be fine.
I invited Heather and Brandon Gresham, Scott and Stephanie Hoyt, Sheryl and Randy Broomhead and then of course Corby and I. I chose these couples because I have a genuine interest in getting to know them. I teach Sunday School with Heather and use to teach primary with Sheryl and visit taught Stephanie for three short months.
I did Cafe Rio chicken Salad for dinner. Stephanie brought key lime pie for dessert and Heather brought salsa and chips. The Broomheads were not able to join us as they had family in from out of town, so next time Sheryl and Randy for sure.
Each couple brought their children and my older girls watched them downstairs while we enjoyed dinner and games upstairs. Oh, how I love the willing hearts of my oldest three.

We played one of our family favorites, Slide 5. It was such a relaxing, low key environment.  I loved every minute of the evening. I hope to invite more couples over as there are a lot I don't know and would love to get to know better.

These were every bit as delicious as they look. So yummy! Stephanie is a really good cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment