Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mother's Day, Cafe Rio Style

I have always felt a little jipped(is that a word?) with my birthday being so close to Mother's Day. More times than not, it is a phone call for birthday followed up with "oh, and happy mother's day too" or vice versa. My favorite is the gifts my extended family gives me, they just have one gift count for both. Now I know how the poor folks with December birthday's feel. People, wrap December birthday gifts in regular birthday wrapping and don't use a Christmas gift as a fill in birthday gift. Thank you for letting me get on my soapbox. I don't care so much  about gifts but I do want two days like every other hard working mother out there. So even if my two special days are close together, I want my days of pampering family......!

Teesh did not disappoint. She asked me what I wanted for my mother's day dinner. I really drew a blank. I don't necessarily daydream about my favorite foods but the thought came to me....... Cafe Rio, chicken salad...... yummy.  I told Teesh that is what I wanted. She immediately Googled and found appropriate recipes to make the meal happen. Oh, how I love the woman Teesh is developing into. So resourceful and responsible. I am a proud momma.


Saturday morning  I was met with the aroma of breakfast burritos made by my loving husband. I ate on the couch as I don't love to eat in bed. I spent the entire day at ballet with Malia so I was literally gone from noon until after 11PM. Malia had two performances and did fabulous. I was helping in the background making the show go on without much flaw. It was a great experience for everyone involved.  We went to bed from pure exhaustion. Oh and I need to add that Teesh and I ran 8 miles when I got home at 11. I am training for the Spartan Beast in June and did not get my run in earlier. I was so tired when the run was completed. Running at midnight sure makes it tough to fall asleep at a decent hour.

 Church came early, 9:00 AM early. It was a treat to have Corby with our family during sacrament meeting. It was fast and testimony meeting so we didn't need to bother with breakfast. I felt prompted to bear my testimony. I felt awkward and weird since I don't feel accepted by most of my ward members. I try really hard to remember that it isn't about them, it is about my relationship with my Heavenly Father but oh how I feel judged. I have made mistakes in my past and I have done things I regret and I truly feel like I will never be able to live it down. I hate it. Strong word I know, but I do. I am finding a few souls who haven't been influenced and warned of me that seem to want to be my friend, thank goodness for those few souls. In the end, I know that I am a child of God and I have worth even if others don't agree. I must have a forgiving heart so that I can become all that I want to become in this life. Trials........gotta love them.



Here is my precious families meal. Doesn't it look divine? Great job family and the food tastes delicious


I got a mint truffle as my mother's day gift at Church. I grabbed a few extra for those who were not in attendance. It had a cute saying on a card. Happy Mother's Day!

Teesh worked her little can off preparing for the meal. Corby helped here and there but frankly he just doesn't enjoy cooking. I have realized he finds others to fulfill that. I am OK with it actually because he isn't afraid to clean bathrooms, mop kitchen floors or give little girls baths. I can't have everything so I'll release the cooking wish and celebrate the other gifts of service he performs.


The meal was so similar to the real deal. It really hit the spot and I loved every bite of it.


Thanks family for the great Mother's Day. I received an iTunes gift card from Teesh(she is tired of hearing me complain about my music on my I pod as we run for hours and hours)and Malia. They also bought me a new broom. My old broom was thrown away and I never learned to appreciate the new one that was given as a replacement. Happiness for sure. Corby gave me the gift of shade, a canopy type contraption that I will use during my many visits to Seven Peaks this summer. The girls all wrote me special notes in a card. A keep sake for sure.
What a great day! I am so blessed and loved. I am one lucky girl!
My friend sent me this. We had been talking about going to the bathroom with an audience and then I saw this. I love the spindly legs. Who can relate? Me Me Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment