Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Turning 43

Happy Birthday to Jennifer. Happy Birthday to Jennifer. Happy Birthday dear Jennifer, Happy Birthday to you!

Yes, I just sang to myself.......I might be losing it but that is ookee dookee.
Sunday the 5th, my younger sister, Hollie and her sweet family came up for dinner and FHE, a tradition we have done for 10+ years.  She made a coconut cake, delish and we sang happy birthday. It was great to spend time with cousins.
This cake was delish! It was so light and fluffy, perfect summer time treat. This recipe is a keeper for sure.

 Hollie with Corby stalking in the background
This photo is a keeper for sure, aren't I a beauty queen???? It was the only one taken while opening up my gifts, I had to use it. Thanks Corb for the one, two, three, smile! Kathleen spoiled me rotten. She gave me new dish towels, wash rags, a glass cake holder(one she had for years but no longer uses, lol) a sign stating how "M" doesn't stand for maid it stands for mother.


On the 9th, I had one of the best days I can remember. It started with breakfast on the couch, not a fan of breakfast in bed. My phone was non-stop, texting galore. I loved it. Heard from all my siblings and a few of Corby's coolest siblings. I worked out and took the little ones to their regular schedule of preschool with friends. Corby helped me, by taking Malia to her first Alice in Wonderland performance. We met up at home for lunch and Corby made dinner.
Kathleen came down to watch the little ones while Corby, myself and three oldest all attended a body language seminar that evening. It was a little tricky to get Malia from her ballet practice and arrive on time but it all worked out. I have decided I love to live my life with so many things going on....NOT! Time and season and this is the season for over scheduled mommy!
To say that I loved this seminar would be an understatement. I love this kind of stuff. Most don't get it and think I am strange, but my friend Erika reminds me I am on a different plane than most and until they are thinking like myself, they won't get it. To be completely honest, I don't care if others think I am strange for wanting to celebrate this way or not, to each their own.

Let's talk body language! The presenter said that if we are struggling in our lives it is because we are not aligned with our words and actions. He taught us for 3 1/2 hours and I soaked every minute of it up. I was glad my girls were there as well. The mind is a powerful tool. I want more than anything else in this life for my family to believe they can do anything they want. I want them to think positively and go for the moon.
Thanks for all birthday wishes, it was a great day.
















No comments:

Post a Comment