Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fantastic 6

Good Morning Sunshine! 
The day has finally arrived Breeta! She has been asking since early part of June when her birthday would be here. We began counting down the days, oh I would say around day 55. Longest 55 days of my life! A common routine sounded like this, "Mom, is today my birthday?" No, sweetie you have 55 days to your birthday. Next morning, "Mom, is my birthday today?" No, you have 54 days left. OK. I don't think that little smartie pants missed a day in the countdown. So without further delay......
Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Bria. Happy Birthday to you. We all love you very much.
We hung these streamers for Ada's birthday and Bria wanted the same action for hers, Bonus!
The first thing Bria wanted to do was open her gifts. We usually torture our children and make them wait until dinner but she was just so excited we let her open them first thing.
The large pink box is from Grandma Hansen and the yellow and colorful from her sisters and family.
Heelies
Bear Slippers
Card from Grandma and several gifts
Bria received from Grandma a puppy with a kennel, recipe book about sweet potatoes, coloring book, crayons, long legged elephant and a pen.
All big and prepared for school. Look at that cutie, I just love seeing her in her uniform. Bria eating her crepe for breakfast with the traditional candles.
Get ready for that wish to come true, she got all 6 candles in one breath.
After school Bria climbed in and announced, "Mom, now that I am 6, I am not scared at school anymore." then in the next breath she stated, "But it doesn't feel much different now that I am 6". I told her give it some time, she will feel it. :)
I took Bria and Ada to McDonald's for the long awaited Happy Meal  lunch. If you remember, I don't eat this kind of food and I try hard to limit it in my families lives as well, but when it is the birthday girl's wish, I can't turn her down. Plus, look at the smile on her face. Pure happiness right there. I sat and watched the girls play and didn't put any time limits on how long we stayed. It was delightful to listen to them giggle and enjoy themselves.

We had our great friend Addison over for some play time. I enjoyed visiting with her mother, Kelly, while I baked cakes and prepared a portion of our meal for the evening. When Malia returned from school, we loaded back up and headed to Fashion Place Mall. Bria chose to go to Build a Bear for her gift. It was so fun to see the excitement in her eyes. Those employees sure do a fantastic job interacting with the children.
Bria chose a colorful bear and named her Cotton Candy
Bria got to press on the pedal to help fill up her bear.
Bria is so cute! 
She wore her new birthday sticker like a proud soldier.
Bria and Ada putting love into their bears hearts
Once your bear is full and stitched up, you as the proud owner, get to give her a bath
Ada did an incredible job cleaning Polly
Sweet Malia helped Bria register Cotton Candy and get her birth certificate filled out
Ada busily filled out her information as well
Bria was lucky enough to ring the bell since it was her birthday and then all the employees sang Happy Birthday 
Malia bought sunglasses for Bria's bear, see how sweet Malia is. What a great big sista, Malia!!! Bria and Ada both got one outfit with shoes for their darling bears. Bria was the most excited for the house that Cotton Candy came in.

After Build a Bear, we jetted home for pizza. Bria requested pineapple, pepperoni and lots of meat pizza. Corby was gracious enough to pick up the pizza and we all enjoyed the evening free of cooking for me, Yippee!
I love how Bria has picked up on posing for the camera
Uncle Jaren and some of his kids joined us for a little golfing in our front yard and then cake and ice cream.
Nothing screams 6 year old birthday happiness than golf, right? Bria had some great swings for her first try.

Ada got in on the action as well
Spanking Machine time  Ada, Corby, Gelsey, Talia, Malia, Kaylen, Sarah, Jaren and Kylar(you just can't see him)


And she turned around and went back the other way. I love this little tradition we do. I hope it never gets forgotten.
Ok, here is the cake that was requested. Bria wanted a white cake with pink frosting with our entire family including Maybelle(our cat) on the cake. I enlisted Malia's help and together we came up with this beauty. I know, I know,  when you see our talent you would agree we should open shop. Unfortunately, I am just too busy but maybe someday.

Before we even finished singing she had her candles blown out, the fire stung her little eyes, poor little Breeta

Because of the large crowd, I made two cakes so here is the second cake, undecorated of course

Happy Birthday Bria Paige. We all love you so much and are so so grateful you are in our family.

1 comment:

  1. Cute post bub. You are really developing this talent...I love you.

    ReplyDelete