Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Summer Vaca in October

Our family members decided to get sealed in the San Diego Temple over UEA weekend which got our minds planning and our summer family vacation was created.
We broke the traveling up and stayed in a really nice hotel in Vegas. I have to say I was preparing myself for the song "I want out of my car seat" but Ada did exceptionally well. Teesh and I brainstormed how we could have the little girls watch movies while we listened to audio CD's. Teesh brought her laptop and we bought headphones with a split jack and a miracle was born. I don't think we heard a peep out of either of them the entire drive to Vegas.


Ada was so patient with the cardboard box at her feet. She would put her feet inside the box for the most part. Pretty in-genius of Corby to come up with the box. I have to say between all our minds we did good work in the entertaining business. Since we weren't on a super tight schedule, we spent some time in Vegas. Our first stop was M&M Factory.


   It was so cool because when we arrived at the  factory we only had to wait 10 minutes for the cute 3D Show. Ada had to to go potty, of course, so Dad and her barely made it in time. Malia is so funny. She said afterwards, "Mom, I had the best spot,  the items that were flying out of the screen were right in front of me". I said, oh Malia you cutie pie that is how 3D works, her reply, No, mom I was in the center so the objects came right at me. Ok, Malia you had the best spot. I love her innocence.



Our next stop Coca Cola Factory  
Gavan being the punk that he is kept purposely walking in front of my photos, teenagers!
We were thirsty
We waited for 30 minutes to get to see this real live bear. The girls weren't so sure of him at first

When our site seeing was complete, we headed to our destination, California. We planned to stop about an hour down the road for lunch. Everything was smooth sailing until the phone call came. "We have a bit of a problem and are trying to locate a welder". That did not sound good. We grabbed a bite to eat and found our dear stranded family members. We called around and finally found someone willing to address our issue.



To keep us entertained, we did all sorts of fun stuff, building sand castles in the dirt was just the beginning.






500 with the Frisbee

coloring in much detail



Kylar and Mason found an old dirty semi tire and made us a swing, genius



Jump roping was a favorite









We chased Gavan around and sat and talked and talked. The whole ordeal took hours. Good thing we all had good attitudes and made the best of it.
What happened was this lovely trailer broke. It ended up costing Jaren and Cindy $120 to fix, ouch. Good thing they are rich, like us.

After several hours we were able to get back on the road. Southern California or bust



















No comments:

Post a Comment