Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Monday, March 10, 2014

Soldier Hollow

For our March Family Outing, tubing was the vote. We went up to Midway to enjoy some freshly man-made snow. The weather has been beautiful, which melted the snow leaving us with less than desirable tubing conditions. It wasn't perfect snow, but it was still fun and we all enjoyed ourselves. Here we are dressing for the adventure.

 Beautiful Sierra Magera
 Ada insisted on wearing her sunglasses, this girls cracks me up!

 I got to join in on the family shoot as a kind man offered to take our picture.

 So this is how it worked, you chose a tube and walked up to the pulley. Isn't this just the cutest sight,, Ada and Corby hand in hand. Melt my heart!

 Teesh and Bria approaching the pulley. Bria was not sure about this process but Teesh talked her through it.
 There goes Sierra, Malia, Corby and little Ada Rae

 Breeta is next
 As I was about to get on the pulley, I hear giggles and turn around to see this. Ada is giggling so hard as she makes her first time down the mountain. If only I had a video camera, it was such a precious sound. The snow was a little mushy so it kept you from going too fast down the mountain which worked out perfect for a few of our family members. Bria was told by a classmate that people who tube or sled break their leg so that was all I heard from her. Am I going to break my leg momma?

 Sierra decided she had had enough so to the Yukon this girlie went.


 Teesh help me take the two little ones into the lodge to warm by the fire. It was so cozy and nice.


 I made chocolate chip cookies to celebrate with after our tubing and here's where the last cookie was divided in half. Ada grabbed the larger half  and Bria feels slighted. Oh Girls, you'll be OK, there is more than enough sugar for our entire family.


We went down multiple times and all really loved it. The wind started blowing and a couple of times down I caught it just right and man did I catch some air. I felt like I was flying, and at times, I actually was. Such a fun family evening. Snow is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment