Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Send Off and Return


The day Sierra has planning for as arrived. She had to be at the airport at 5:30AM to prepare for her 8:37 departure. I asked if she would like the whole family there to send her off. It was an early morning but everyone got up and we made it on time to the airport.


It was hilarious to see this tent set up in the airport lobby. Malia asked if that was ok for people to do that. I guess sweetie!
Because Sierra was flying Internationally and with so many peeps there was a designated spot for just her group, Special!

Hello birthday girl and her beautiful sister Malia. Thanks for sacrificing your sleep to support Sierra, I have a wonderful family.
I came ready to hit the gym and Teesh to head to work.
Headed to the gate at security.

Bria was a little nervous about this "moving floor"
See ya in two weeks sweetie. I hope you have the best experience ever and that you are safe.

Fast forward two weeks and here we are again, Salt Lake City Airport:

this time we are coming to the airport in the evening rather than early morning. Beautiful Sunset!

When we arrived, we found that Sierra's flight was delayed from 9:10 to 9:30 not too bad, but come on, we are excited to see the girl.

Here she comes!


Like her new dress she got? Her friend Joselyn is in the red Adidas shirt behind her.
Bria and Ada worked hard on the posters to welcome home Sierra. I love the portrait in Bria's hands. I love these three hoodlums.

Sierra made several friends during the trip. Here's the group. I will post names when I know names.



Someone took a lot of flights there and back

Corby, Myself, Teesh, Rod, Bria and Ada were all at the airport to greet Sierra. Malia was at EFY. After getting the luggage we headed home. We were all exhausted and ready to hit the hay

I am so glad she made it home safely. She said she loved every minute of this experience and even though it was hard work she would go back. I can't wait to hear about her adventures and see her pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment