Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Friday, July 11, 2014

Grand America

Because of my accomplishment for the 6 week challenge, Corby arranged a get away for a weekend. We stayed close but it was fun to have an evening out. Thank goodness my older girls are all so willing and supportive to allow these things to happen.
Corby wanted us to stay in a 5 Star Hotel and the only one that met that criteria was the Grand America in downtown Salt Lake.
In our Mentoring class, we are encouraged to live life the way we want to not necessarily the way we should. What I mean by that is in your mind create what you want and then tell yourself you have it. I don't mean in worldly, materialistic ways. For example, if I want peaceful relationships and happiness I see myself living and feeling that way and quality of life. I see myself having what I want and in turn the universe provides it. I want a life where I feel love and can relax and enjoy the simple things. 
This weekend was all that and more.




Corby is a little obsessed with taking photos from lots of angles



I still want to continue my eating healthy lifestyle so we were off to eat at Market Street Grill only to see Off Broadway was performing and I really wanted to watch that. With time not in our favor we ate at Cafe Rio and booked it to the play. Off Broadway does not disappoint, we love attending their shows. It was so fun to laugh and cuddle and just enjoy the evening.


Our view from our balcony at night. 
We were on the 19th floor and let's just say the balcony was not my hang out joint. Not in love with heights and the older I get the worse it is becoming.
Next morning we woke up at 6am(darn internal alarm clocks) listened to a recording for our class and promptly fell back to snooze ville. I woke at 10am. I could not believe it. I must have been tired. We invited the girls to come up and swim. It was so fun to spend some of the day with them. Sierra had to work. Seems we rarely have a time where everyone's schedule coincide and we can be all together. We missed you Magera.

Come on Teesh take a dip, water is perfect and you would love it!

 These yellow striped towels were amazing. The simple things in life but they were so soft and cozy. The perks of a 5 star hotel
As we were checking out, this adorable little chocolate piano went by. I couldn't resist in taking a photo. The weekend was fantastic. The company was splendid. Maybe this will become a weekly tradition, ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment