Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Ellis Style

Because my family is big and so spread out we only get together twice a year, either Thanksgiving or Christmas swapping every other year, and once in July for a reunion.
This year it was Christmas turn. My parents, Richard and Gayleen, rented the clubhouse of the condo they own and we all met there for a potluck dinner. My parents provided the ham, turkey, rolls, and condiments. We each brought a salad or dessert to share. I come from a family of 6 kids who are all married. 4 of the 6 have 6 children, and the other 2 have 5. Of the 34 grand kids multiple are married and have children. I think there are 10 great grand kids. Needless to say, we are a huge group when we gather. I am so glad my mom allows us to help out with food now where as before she would try to make the meal for everyone. We got together the 26th of December in Salt Lake City. We exchanged gifts, enjoyed a meal and then went to see the lights on temple square, city creek, and even tried to ride the downtown free shuttle(that didn't work out so well but we get an A for effort, right?)
I stayed home with Bria that evening as I was not feeling well and Bria had been fevering on and off. Bria and I enjoyed a nice, warm, quiet evening of reading and TV viewing.
My parents have just received their 4th mission call. They will be serving in the Fort Lauder Dale, Florida beginning the 28th of January and serve for 18 months. I love the example they provide of service for my children. It is a bittersweet situation as they will be gone for Teesh's graduation from Highland High. Sacrifice brings forth blessings!
Because of my lack of attendance Clarissa stayed home and not a photo to show for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment