Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Winters

Sierra received a phone call asking if she would be home.........a bit later we heard a knock on the door and found this.



We left the decision up to her, whether she should go or not, and she chose to go. She turns 16 in July. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I am grateful that Sierra is capable of making her own decision and try as I may I wish I could make her choose what I want but I can't, so I felt I should support rather than lecture. We had two weeks for necessary preparations but got right on the dress shopping. Sierra had a particular dress in  mind so we browsed store after store for two solid evenings searching for the imagined dress. It was just not to be found but she did find a cute one that seemed to do the trick. I liked it because for the most part it was modest. (As modest as they come these days, sheesh the dresses are so short and skin tight). We found black pump, glittery bracelets, and earrings and wha la her outfit complete!

Conner picked up Sierra at 2 PM to go back to his house and make gingerbread houses.
After the gingerbread house making activity ended, Sierra went to Nikita's house to get ready. Teesh and I joined her there to help with the process. Teesh helped curl Sierra's hair while I provided support perched on Nikita's parents bed. Long story there!
It was nice getting to know Sierra's friends families. With her attending a different school I don't have many opportunities to get to know my girls friends so I snatched this one up for all I could. Nikita has a great family and they have all girls too!
My sweet beautiful Sierra!
The guys picked up Sierra and Nikita and headed to get the rest of the group. They traveled downtown to Benihana. Sierra said it was the best food she has ever eaten. Then the group went to the Capital where Winter's was held. They danced the night away then went back to Nikita's for a game of pool and relaxing. Sierra was home by 1 o'clock and we all went to bed happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment