Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Monday, January 28, 2013

blast from the past

Leticia has been Highland's Girls Varsity Basketball Manager for the past two years. She has really loved this experience. She has been so devoted and dedicated to this volunteer opportunity. For the last home game, the players recognized the seniors. Teesh told me her parents needed to be there and that she would be receiving an award. Later that night Teesh asked if I would be bringing the little girls, I said yes. She asked if I would please have them look nice with matching clothes. I smiled and said sure I could do that. Then she asked if I knew I would be going in front of everyone, I said yes. She said so are you going to look nice. Teesh, are you embarrassed of your mother I asked? She sheepishly said, "well, sometimes". Fine! I will wear matching clothes, brush my hair, and put on makeup. The things I do for my offspring, jeez! :)

It was such a touching evening as the team shared their memories of each of the seniors. Coach Chatterton personally came up to me and told me he could not have had the year he had without Leticia and all her hard work. It was a great moment. I even shed a tear, sniff sniff. I don't know about this Leticia-will-be-moving-out-soon stuff. Emotional wreck I say! Grandma Hansen, as usual, came to support Teesh. She is such a great grandma to my children.

While all this was going on, the team began warming up on the court. I watched the girls pass the ball, do lay ups, and shoot around. Wow, what good memories I had come flooding back to me. I played high school sports and what good days those were. Watching the teams made me so emotional. I could only stay for a short time as carpool duties called, but I loved being a part of this evening for Leticia. You make me proud little daughter of mine.

Here is Teesh behind the table performing one of her many responsibilities as manager

Teesh being told about how great she has been.
Group shot! Senior with parents
Teesh displaying her wonderful memories. It was great. See the yellow figure beneath the balloon? It is a rock figure with yellow yarn hair, adorable. Someone went to a lot of trouble. The evening couldn't have been better, way to go Leticia. You are beautiful inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment