Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snow

We live in Utah! 
Utah snows in the winter! 
We love the snow! 
We love the four changing season! 
We love to ski, sled, have snowball fights,create snowmen, create snow angels and absolutely enjoy the winter season.
 This year has been a bit much for the snowing though. We shovel our driveway, sidewalks, and streets so we can maneuver around only to find ourselves back out the next day or sometimes a few hours later doing it all over again. I feel like I am developing a too close for comfort relationship with my snow shovel these days!

Malia I see you, hang in there someone will rescue you
 
 Isn't it beautiful! I love snow .I really do but this year we have made up for the past years of less than normal. And let's talk temperatures, brrrrr! (that is saying a lot coming from a girl who wears flip flops and no coat most days)

Corby earning his keep
Malia by his side!

Corby sporting his new winter coat. He needed a new coat so bad, his old coat was over 20 years old. So, welcome to the 20th century honey!


Teesh, interesting shovel, but hey whatever works!

We all worked so hard, and even a few neighbors joined in to help us after they cleared their driveway. We don't have a snow blower, on purpose. I think some chores should be done with good old fashion hard work and snow shoveling is one of them. Seeing how I am the snow shoveler 90% of the time it is OK to have this philosophy. If we continue to have this much snow every year, I might rethink my logic. Look at the pile of snow on our grass. Holy Moly wintertime.
Malia and our neighbor, Brooklyn
  
There's the cement! We knew it was there. Grandma Hansen came down to hear Teesh give a talk in Sacrament meeting and after this storm, decided to stay the night. She is always so good to support our family in our activities. 

I wish I had photos of this event but wasn't in attendance so words will have to suffice. Our neighbor, Niki Guevara, called to tell me about an awesome deal at the Canyon's Resort. For $39, you get ski rentals, ski lessons, lunch, and a ski lift pass for all day. Malia and Sierra played hookie from school and left at 7AM with our neighbors. They had a great time and learned a lot. They both have wanted to learn to ski so what an opportunity this was. Sierra was suppose to take photos, but understandable so, she didn't take many. Corby and I have always loved to ski. We usually go only once or twice a season(darn money is too tight for more than that) but lately it has been zero. I would love to have a skiing family. Put it on the bucket list!
Teesh later told me she would have enjoyed that opportunity. Sorry, misread that one completely. I'll make it up to you sweetie I promise.
Just one more reason we love Utah, the greatest snow on the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment