Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Roadie to I.F.

My parents are serving their 4th mission in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  Sunday, was their farewell, I know we don't call it that anymore, but I still do. My girls had a church basketball game Saturday morning so we didn't hit the road until after 2 PM. With Tangled playing and everyone settled, Sierra drove us to our destination. If you were in the vehicle this is what was commonly heard, "Sierra, stay between the white lines sweetie, Sierra, you need to slow down, see the red lights ahead of us, Sierra, turn down your music." Holy freak, when we arrived, I breathed a sigh of relief and said a little prayer of gratitude. Love that Sierra, but she is going to give me heart failure with her driving skills.
We were the first to arrive around 5:30! Booyah, you ask why I am so excited about that? I'll tell you. We got to choose which room would be ours for the night. Love my parents to death, but the bed accommodations in their home leave a lot to be desired. There is one king size bed and the rest full sized in my parent's homestead. Oh yea, great night's sleep with Corby size 6'2" and me  5'9" snuggling in a full size bed. Since we were first, we so snagged the king size and not a minute too soon as Pam's family showed up 10 minutes later. Sorry, you snooze you lose sista!
My mom had a spaghetti dinner with garlic bread ready for partaking. I brought the fixing for a green salad. My Mom is the hardest worker I know. She makes everything from scratch when we all get together which is no small task. We all try to help, but she wants to make it as easy on us as possible. My Mom is an amazing woman. She has had rheumatoid arthritis my entire life and lives in constant pain but you wouldn't know it. She rarely complains. She is a great example of not allowing excuses and circumstances to dictate her life. If I can accomplish half my mom has, I will feel like I lived a great life.By the end of the evening, Brad and Teresa and 5 of their 6 children were there, Pam and Kevin with 4 of their 6 were there and my family of 7. We played card games and watched BYU sports. It was a great relaxing evening until little Ada Rae came to sit on my lap and was burning up. Are you kidding me? This little squirt seems to fever with no other symptoms every other day as of late. I kindly excused myself and put her, as well as myself, to bed. Good Night! I also wasn't in the mood to debate my philosophy of antibiotics. I have multiple nephews who are doctors, or soon to being doctors, so they share freely their opinions of the stupidity of my approach to antibiotics. I believe in antibiotics. I believe they have a place but I like other remedies first. My sister-in-law is convinced Ada has strep but I am not feeling it so I will do my thing and you all do yours. I have never been fond of traditional medicine. Fine for you and your family but not for us. And guess what next morning Ada was fine. Deep thoughts! I know this can be a heated discussion so it is best to not go there. Free country do what you want and I'll do the same. Love to everyone and their choices, thank goodness the good Lord provided us with brains to think for ourselves, huh!
 LaraLee and her two youngest sons as well as Kyle made it to the meeting. So my parents had 4 of the their 6 children there. Church was at 9AM. My parents have three bathrooms with their master mostly off limits so it was an early morning to get everyone out the door. We surprisingly made it and even early. The temperature in Idaho Falls was below zero (very typical for Idaho) and all our water bottles in the Yukon were frozen solid. My parents did a great job on their talks, My dad went over 15 minutes so that was a little embarrassing, but that is my dad. 
The Stake President came over to the house to set my parents apart and we had lunch. We played a few more card games and just relaxed on the couch. Teresa and I spoke a lot about college preparations and she gave some great sound advice to Teesh. It is always refreshing to have someone else share their opinions on topics because teenagers seem to listen better to others.
We hit the road about 8 PM to make for a quiet sleep filled ride. Corby drove while I talked his ear off. 
It was a great weekend!
I forgot Clarissa so no great photos. I am really becoming a forgetful person and it is so annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment