Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stand in Holy Places

New Beginnings was this Wednesday evening.Young Women's Theme for the Year 2013 is 
Stand in Holy Places.

     Oh, how I love the changes the church has implemented for the youth. It is awesome! It is titled Come Follow Me. The leaders both in Sunday School as well as Young Women's are instructed to teach the way the Savior taught. It is awesome!
The youth are talking and interacting more and it just makes my heart swell with joy. Leticia is the Laurel President, which allows her to conduct most of the meetings. She has grown leaps and bounds over the years. She can stand in front of others and speak so clearly and carry herself with such grace.
Our leaders are amazing! They go above and beyond in their callings. The decor is over the top, refreshments always have a theme, and the girls get something special to take home each gathering. Someone is magnifying their calling. I so appreciate it, honestly my two oldest haven't had that great of experiences their first few years in this organization. One year, the leaders cancelled all young women activities for the entire summer, um, hello isn't that when the girls need the most direction. Oh well, I believe everything happens for a reason and those ladies needed to learn what they did and my girls will be OK in the end.
Anyway, I took the little ones over to a lady in our stake's home. I so appreciate her being willing to help me out. I really don't have family or many friends I can ask for help in situations like this so thank you Sister Clark, you are awesome. The girls had such a great time and were so well taken care of. I love the people in my life who are inspired and are willing to help me out.
Onto the evening, it was an awesome event, as usual. Disappointing? Not in the least. Sister Guevara organized a treasure hunt that we had to perform with our daughters. I went with Sierra. Corby with Malia and Teesh went with a leader named Rachel. It was fun to read the clues and search for the treasure. Each girl had to bring back her treasure and tell the group what it meant to her as well as an experience they might have had with the topic. Sierra's was missionary work. She talked about how many of her friends aren't LDS and so she is given the opportunity to share her testimony in tiny ways but can feel the spirit. Oh how thankful I am for the opportunities the Lord provides for these special young tender girls. Leticia's treasure was " For The Strength of Youth" pamphlet. Teesh shared how having this little book in your possession at all times really does provide the strength to make good choices.   Malia's was on the word wisdom. She talked about how eating good foods will help you feel better.
What a wonderful evening this turned out to be. 2013 will be a year to never forget.







After the Treasure Hunt, we watched a video, wow has the church come a long way with their videos, AWESOME! We mingled a bit while partaking of delicious cookies and other assorted items and then jetted out to grab the rest of our family.
I love attending meeting and feeling the spirit. Sundays rarely provide opportunities with my little ones and being a single mother. Time and a Season. I'm grateful for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment