Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Friday, February 1, 2013

Bittersweet

Malia came home from school with the packet for upcoming Kindergarteners. I knew this day was coming and I even lucked out because Bria missed the deadline by 10 days so this day was delayed an entire year, but delayed still means it is coming and coming it is. 
As I filled out the form and even had Bria sign her name on the code of conduct page (which I have to say was the cutest thing ever watching her so carefully write her name on the appropriate line) I have mixed feeling for sure. I love that she is growing up, she loves to be out and about so school will be so good for her but we have been down this road before, 3x's before, and I know where this first step leads too. First, they go to school for half a day, then a full day, then they add extracurricular activities in the evening and then before you know it they are going to college. 
I have decided one of my most favorite ages is 5. They are curious, but wise enough to not get into too much trouble. They can have a decent conversation with you and tell you in detail all about their day at preschool. 
Their understanding of concepts is just so darn innocent but pretty precise.
 

OK, Bria here's the plan, I'll let you go to kindergarten but that is as far as it goes.....Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment