Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Eagle Court of Honor

My oldest brother, Brad, lives in Logan, UT. He has four daughters and two sons. His daughters are all out of the house, married and raising their families. Brad, like us, had a large gap between family one and two so he has these two boys he is rearing now. Bryant is 14 and Bryce 13. Brad's family has always been one of those families you look up to and admire. Brad and Teresa just seem to know how to handle each situation. I follow their example often in my parenting.
Bryant earned the rank of Eagle in the Boys Scouting Program so we headed North to show our love and support at his court of honor. I don't know much about the scouting program but I do know that this is an incredible accomplishment especially at the age of 14.
Well done Bryant!
Malia was in Jackson Hole all weekend with her friend, so she wasn't with us but the rest of us and a stow-a-way headed to the great city of Logan. While we were traveling, I kept thinking this is Leticia's home in 6 months. It isn't that long of a drive only a little less than two hours! Who am I kidding, two hours is forever when you are missing your sweet Teesh LaReesh.
Bryant with his mom and dad receiving his award.
Mom and Dad get an award too!
The quilt in the background was made by my mom for Brad. It is all hand embrodiered. Talk about a keep sake. This is an amazing gift. I wish I had a picture of the whole thing. There is an eagle in the center that is all handstitched. My mom is beyond wonderment to me. She has suffered from rheumatoid arthritis my whole life. Her body crippled and yet nothing stops her. I hope to have the endurance my mom portrays even when it feels impossible.
Teresa always goes above the norm with everything she does. So cute decor and refreshments. Everything matched. The popcorn was red, white, and blue. The white was my favorite since it was covered in white chocolate.
See our stow-a-way we brought. Connor, you silly boy! You can hide but not for long.



Brad's family minus sweet Katie, Dan and little Emelia. Dan is doing his residency for becoming an anesthesiologist.  They live in Vermont. Beginning from left: Dan holding Landon, his wife Cambria holding Stella, Bryant front and center his brother Bryce to the right side, sister Alyse in yellow coat with her husband Jake in blue. Teresa in red sweater and Brad to the right. Sister Rachael with husband Chet to the right of Brad. Amazing family!
This is a pretty amazing little trivia for you. Brad and all his sons-in-law all achieved the rank of eagle and Bryce should get his eagle in 6 months or so. Something to be proud of for sure in my opinion.
Rachael, Bryant, Cambria and Alyse. Cambria has her arm around Katie so she can be in the shot too!
It would not be an Ellis gathering if basketball didn't get introduced. This was so sweet! Rachael and Chet played with Bria, Ada, and Stella keep away. The little girls were giggling so hard.
Bria with a free shot running her heart out.
Stella and Ada wondering where the basketball went. Stella calls Bria and Ada her cousin friends. My poor little girls who are playing with my niece's children will never understand how they are related. Who cares we are family, right?
Brad teaching the girls how to jump for the ball. They were all laughing so hard trying to figure out this impossible task.
Then the simple keep away game evolved into a full on girls against boys basketball game. Watch out Ada you are in rough territory.
What a fun evening we had. So fun to spend time with cousins. Connor is from a very tiny family so as he continues to meet our large herd he gets more and more shocked. Holy Multiplying and Replenishing I say;)






No comments:

Post a Comment