Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Return

Austin, Chad's oldest son, returned from his mission from Oregon this past week. I was serving my mission when Austin was born. Full circle here. I was invited to the airport to witness the return. So touching! Brought back memories of my return many years ago and it brought the reality that I could/will be here in a year from June to send Teesh off. I can't imagine not seeing your child for a solid two years but of course you wouldn't want them doing anything else. Sit back and enjoy the photos I took of the reunion.
I love this shot. This is when Austin first stepped off the escalator. Lynette, the mom, raced to give her son a hug and Hannah, the sister, slid in right before. I love the pure joy on Lynette's face.
Austin hugging Kendall his other sister
Chad whispering, Welcome home son. I sure have missed you. Matt, another son, is the one wearing braces.

Hannah getting another hug. She and Austin are super close siblings. I love Adam's face. He is in the white and green and he couldn't be cuter.

Chad took this photo of myself and Austin. I was the only one on Chad's side to make it to the airport. I love supporting my siblings in congratulatory moments. Relationships are everything, it is the only thing we take with us into the next life.
Pure Joy!
 
Welcome Home Austin.
This is Chad's family minus Clayton who is serving his mission and will return in 17 months.
From Left to Right: Matt (15) Hannah(17)Lynette(mom)Austin(21)Kendall(13) Adam(9) and Chad(Dad)
Chad is my second brother and third child in our family. They live in Pleasant Grove, UT and he is a dentist.
What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment