Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

February 14th, the day of love. The day of flowers, chocolates and anything else to show your true love, appreciation. At NPA, we don't do parties so it has been many years of not worring about valentine boxes and candy. But this year, with my little ones in preschool, the boxes and candy must be made. It was fun to help Bria and Ada produce their valentine holders. I helped a little but for the most part they were the authors.

I just love these little faces, so innocent, most of the time. What joy feels my heart to be their mother!
When the boxes were complete off to bed these little ones ran. Excited for what would come the next morning. Excited they should be, I had some great things in store for everyone.

The girls woke to this.....................................

Pink heart shaped homemade pancakes and grapefruit. I began this tradition multiple years ago and the girls just love it. Bria isn't so sure about the pancakes being pink, but I reassured her they taste the same, so she gave it a whirl and whala she liked them as much as traditional. Silly little Breeta!
I was super happy the pancakes turned out so well, some years they stick to my mold and it is the thought that counts.
I bought each of the girls their favorite candy with a card. I decorated the cards and wrote heartfelt messages to each family member.
I bought the family a new Wii game. I have had so many friends tell me how much fun this is so we we will try it out.


Bria loves Scooby Doo so when I found these cards I just couldn't pass up this opportunity to see her smiling face. Gotta love morning hair! oh and sorry Corby I cut your head off. This photography business is harder than it looks. I must take a class when life s-l-o-w-s down.

Happy Valentine's Day
Sierra squeezed in enough time to get in our pictures
I have to explain these flowers, they were purchased a few days after Valentine's Day. I was a little disappointed on Valentine's Day to find not one family member did a thing for me. No cards, no notes, not a thing. I actually cried. Lately, I am an emotional wreck, hormones I'm guessing because I have never been like this. I don't expect a lot really but a homemade card or my favorite candy bar would have meant a lot. Bria could sense my sadness and asked what was wrong. I told her I didn't get a valentine and it made me feel sad. So next time she was with her daddy, she encouraged him to purchase these flowers. She was all smiles as she brought them in to me and presented her valentine. She told me I did not need to be sad anymore. She is one in tune kid! She also made me a valentine that just melted my heart. I love 5 year olds, they are so darn precious and adorable.
She wrote the word Love several times. The drawing in the right hand corner is an elephant. See his trunk and tail.? What a priceless gift she provided me. Thanks Bria, for being so loving and giving me a valentine.
To Corby's defense, which truthfully I am still so hurt but he did make up for it on our Anniversary a few days later, he was planning to get to the store and just ran out of time. I say what day is Valentine's each year? Does the day change each year? Huh, you had time just waited too late my man. Move on, get past it, we all make mistakes. Do again next year and we will have a boxing match on our hands my dear sweet loving companion. Love you Corby!


Ada wanted in the picture. She is so silly the expression she can manuever. I love my tulips and they are blooming so beautifully. Kind of makes me have a little spring fever.
All in all Valentine's Day was memory making. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment