Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pushing 50


Happy Birthday Corby Earnest Hansen
Hey, how does it feel to be 41 pushing 50? Corby is fairly easy to please, most of the time. For his birthday he has a true love of chocolate covered marshmallow items(which I promptly forget each year, btw) Each year, his mother pulls through and will purchase these above said items to save my bacon, whew!
Well, this year would be different than the rest. I will remember the chocolate covered items, I will! While at the airport, doing my monthly mystery shops, I went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and saw the chocolate covered snowmen. I knew this was a must have so proceeded to purchase items and tuck them nicely away in my secret hiding spot(that I think everyone but Ada knows about) for the 9th of Feb to arrive. Malia wrapped the gifts and the excitement grew. I couldn't wait to see Corby's face when he opened the snowmen. We had a great day by beginning it with French Toast and sausage. Malia had a ballet meeting and the other girls basketball, so our birthday celebrations began around 1 other than breakfast. Sorry Corby but that is the life of a busy teenager, toddler family!



We had a great day just hanging out and enjoying each others company.  Bria couldn't stand it a minute longer so we let the birthday boy opened his gifts.

See the excitement in his eyes.......his favorite!

Then the worst possible thing that could have happened, happened. The best gift ever turned out to be a huge flop. The chocolate covered snowmen were not chocolate covered nor snowmen. They were snow puffs. I didn't read the box thoroughly, just trusted the employee and this fantastic gift ended up being glorified marshmallows, plain marshmallows without powder coating to help them melt more evenly in your hot cocoa. Are you kidding me? What a situation..............................but
because Corby is such a good sport we all had a good chuckle. I can't believe I spent over $6 on a bag of marshmallows. Seriously! Who spends that much money on marshmallows? They better be coated with gold for that price. Thank goodness Corby has a sense of humor;)Maybe next year Corby you will get your chocolate covered snowman!

I believe, as well as our budget believes, in being more practical than frivolous. So Corby's next gift was awesome for us but probably not for most.
 
what says true love more than windshield wipers peeps. Yes, that is what I purchased for my man for his 41st b-day. He loved it!!
Dark chocolate covered truffles with orange and raspberry....Delish!

We had his choice of lunch, White bread with white sauce with tuna fish in it. It was something his mother made for him growing up. It was different, but hey, I am just the one who follows through with orders on birthdays. After lunch we worked on college scholarship applications then went to dinner with our friends, the Tuckers. The Tuckers have two little boys ages 3 and 16 months. Sierra and Connor were our babysitters for the evening while we went to dinner. We then came home and sang happy birthday and let Corby blow out his candles. Bria was so good to put the candles on for us. Thanks Breeta for all your help.
Can he blow out all those candles?
And he did it....all his wishes will come true, Yippee!
Don't you love my photography skills, nothing screams happy birthday more than a bunch of pans hanging in your face. Oh well, it is the thought that counts, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment