Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, March 16, 2013

4th Week of Training

This half marathon training is killer this go around. Not because the runs are harder, but trying to squeeze them in an already super packed weekend. The first week was super bad weather, blizzard conditions. 2nd week we ran later because of morning commitments. 3rd week was middle of day late evening for same reasons. This week Teesh and I did not even begin our run until 10:20PM. Yes, you read that right. PM I had a head lamp so we could see the road beneath our feet and we ran busy roads so that we would not get kidnapped. OK, I watch a lot of Law and Order and Dateline so my imagination might be a little crazy. Anyway, we ran it and got home just a little after midnight(we tried really hard to get done before the sabbath) 
I have to say this go around my running is so much more fluid. I feel like I can run further distances with less effort. Teesh is struggling. She doesn't do her short runs throughout the week. She is super busy with school and upcoming exams.  I am proud of both Teesh and Sierra for training for this event. It will be an amazing experience to see us all finish on April 27th!
I am having runners high right now.  My mind is feeling alive and it is 12:30AM. I have 9AM church and I need sleep but my mind isn't agreeing. I haven't posted pictures for awhile and need to. I have been taking them so it is just slacking on my part;)

No comments:

Post a Comment