Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Friday, November 8, 2013

R.I.P. Lila

Earlier in the week, Corby arranged a babysitter for the little girls and asked me out on a date. He planned to take me to dinner and a movie, one with Sandra Bullock. He knows she is one of my favorite.
We dropped the girls off at a kind neighbor and headed down the road to Cafe Rio. We were on Builder's Drive, making a left hand turn onto 27th South. A 17 year old girl was traveling North on 27th West without her lights on. We pulled out to turn left and wham!

I wasn't even looking so it came as quite a shock.  I was looking in the opposite direction daydreaming about my yummy chicken salad when I hear, she didn't have her lights on.
When the dust settled and we reassured each other that we were OK, we looked at the other driver. She was frantic about getting out of her car. She was screaming and fumbling with her door latch. She threw something on the ground and began running away from her vehicle.  Multiple cars had stopped to help and someone encouraged her to sit down. When the ambulance arrived they whisked her away. Corby thought she might be pregnant as she was holding her stomach and crying. Her airbag deployed. At first I thought ugh this is our fault. But several eye witnesses and the police officer all attested she did not have her lights on. I think we have all done this a time or two, poor girl!


 To be honest as I look at the photos I think from the looks of our car that it wasn't all that bad but Lila, the Lexus, can take a hit and that she did. Lila is totaled! A car made of steel and one made of plastic. Ours looks a lot better than the girls. She was driving a Hyundai.
 We were able to still go get dinner but our evening was not at all what Corby had planned. Both our necks hurt and I was really nauseated, still am, for that matter. Corby banged his head and has a tiny cut. All in all we are blessed once again because if she hadn't a swerved last minute I am pretty sure Corby would have taken his own ambulance ride.
 During the accident a tragedy occurred. See these beauties? I have had them for over 6 years and if you spend anytime with me, you will have noticed them a time or two. I guess my toes are super strong because on impact I pulled them apart. Maybe I should look into a toe competition. Maybe I could win some money to off set the accident, deep thoughts! Don't mind the mud, like I said I wear them a lot and they were in need of  washing.
Rest in Peace Lila and my pink Flip Flops.


 Until we meet again, Lila enjoy your ride on the tow truck

No comments:

Post a Comment