Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, October 6, 2012

182nd General Conference



Every year for General Conference I make homemade, real homemade cinnamon rolls on Sunday morning. It is something I look forward to. Yes, it is a lot of work, but hey, twice a year isn't bad and oh my with the chopped walnuts or pecans and the cream cheese frosting Mmmmmmm.
Not everyone can appreciate my nuts so I make some of both.


Our stake, along with 8 others,  was given the opportunity to sing in the Saturday afternoon session at general conference.
Sierra Jane Hansen

Leticia Elizabeth Hansen

What a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity!

The girls had to commit to practicing every Sunday from 5:30 to 9:00 for 6 weeks. We had a dress rehearsal the Saturday before. Grandma Hansen, myself, Malia, Bria and Ada met Corby and the girls there. It was an amazing experience to be in the conference center up so close! My pictures look like I was way far away but I wasn't. The Saturday, day of performance, they had to meet at the stake center at 9:45 and did not return until 5:15. What a long long day but so worth it. I loved that they were both chosen as only 3 young woman and 3 young men from each ward were asked.
They sounded like angels singing and both said it was a great experience.
They each received a ticket to share during the session so Corby took Malia and got seats right next to the missionaries. When the age change was announced the missionaries were elated. So cool to be present for that fantastic announcement. Corby said they were on row 9. Look who is looking important now, oh yeah the Hansen Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment