Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Recipe System!


What about this?

 or this..........
I have had this recipe project on going now for over a year and a half. This is not my normal way of tackling projects, I usually begin and end things rather swiftly (Corby would say it is my red personality but what does he know) but wow oh wow has this been a doozie.
First off, I began it with not an end in mind thinking it would just evolve or something. Second,  I thought it would be a great young women 10 3,500 hour goal for Leticia. Hours are still cranking!
After many starts and restarts I can finally say I am probably 10 hours or less away from completion. Holy Cow, has this ever been the never ending project, but in the end I believe it will be the finest master piece I have ever accomplished. Aside rearing beautiful responsible daughters.

My masterpiece in progress.
 I decided to go back to the old fashioned 4x6 recipe card system. I bought colorful card stock, cut it into 4x6 sizes, I typed into my computer every recipe known to man that I love, and then I printed it off in a color coordinating system. Green are main entrees. Yellow dessert, Grey is soup, etc! I have to take them to Staples for laminating and the project will be complete.
To finalize my brilliance when making menus for weekly cooking instead of searching and writing and rewriting ingredients needed at the store, I will simply look through my recipe holder, pull out the necessary cards, slip them in my purse and refer to them as needed while shopping. Because they are laminated, they will withstand all sorts of torture and last through the millennium.


Just home from Staples, 88 feet later.
 So the fun part of cutting out and organizing is next on the agenda. 88 feet of laminated recipe cards. Are you kidding me? At $2 a foot I'll let you do the math on that one. Merry Christmas to me, dang it!


Upon completion I will take a photo but I needed to reward myself for the work thus far done.
I love cooking healthy, fast meals for my family and this process will only increase my love. Plus, one more added tidbit, when a friend says can I get that recipe? Sure, I copy, paste, and send it on it's merry way.
Oh the simple joys in my life!


The masterpiece!
As you can tell, there is lots of room to grow, that was intentional, I love to gather new recipes! All my hard work has paid off, it is complete. Now grocery shopping and cooking will be an effortless task. What's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment