Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Friends

I visit teach a lady who is pregnant and hardly able to function due to morning sickness. I can't relate. I'm sorry. I am just one of the those "lucky" ones who feels a little off during pregnancy but still functions normally. Anyway, instead of the traditional visiting teaching I wondered if service of entertaining her children would be more appreciated. 
We arranged the plans and my partner and I brought all the kids to my house instead of going to hers. It was fun for the kiddos to interact and I always love chatting with Kelly. We let them play for a bit than I pulled out the craft cupcake project for more entertainment.
Just because I have a degree in elementary education doesn't mean I am the greatest at finding fun inexpensive ideas the kids will appreciate and all enjoy, but I came across this spider cupcake idea and decided to give it a whirl.
 The cupcake is on the bottom, frost the cupcake,  put an Oreo on top of frosting, put licorice in between the cookie and then m&m's or skittles for eyes attached with frosting. I wasn't able to find black pull apart licorice so our spiders had red legs which means they are much more poisonous and a rare find out in the world.
 Chloe and Lia showing off their completed project
 Blake and Ada
Addison and Bria


I think all in all the kids enjoyed themselves and it felt good to help a sister in the ward out. We took dinner for this sister when we took her little guy home. I enjoy having people in my home and doing nice kind things. So one more successful day in my life. Yee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment