Welcome to our families thoughts, adventures, and craziness

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Individuality.....

At the beginning of this school year I thought it would be fun to ask my family questions and at the end of the year compare to see how much they have changed. It is interesting to know that all these individual came from the same gene pool, are reared in the same environment, and yet are so different. I love different. I embrace different but from a parental point of view it can pose challenges. I present our family and the things that make us unique and different.

Corby Earnest Hansen is 40 years old. He has his Bachelors Degree in Sociology with a minor in English. He works as a manager for Futurity First Financial. He loves hunting, fishing, and yard work. He loves ice cream every night before bed and cleans bathrooms without complaining. He rides his bike for exercise and one day hopes to run a marathon with his wife( um just kidding, he hates running unless he is playing basketball) He is on the High Council in our Stake. He works hard and plays hard. We all  love it when Daddy comes home!

Jennifer Gay Ellis Hansen. I am 42 years old, and yes I robbed the cradle! I work out everyday at Gold's Gym (except for weekends). I love lifting weights, running, spinning, pretty much anything that makes you sweat. I graduated from Brigham Young University in Elementary Education. I taught one year, 3rd grade at Orem Elementary. I ran my first half marathon this spring and did the Dirty Dash in September. I am signed up for the Spartan Beast in June. I am a mystery shopper. I am learning to develop a love for books and am a part of a book club. I am a social person. I love to always have someone over to hang out. I am crafty and love to decorate my house with the items I have made. I love to cheer my girls on in the different activities they are involved in. I teach the CTR 4 class in church. I wear many hats but my favorite for sure is mother and wife. I have an obsession with ice. I crave it and will chomp on it for hours.




Our first born! Leticia Elizabeth Hansen is 17 years old. She is named after my Grandma, Mary Elizabeth Shoell. Leticia goes by "Teesh".  She is a senior at Highland High. She is in the IB Program (International Baccalaureate). She ran cross country. She completed her first half marathon in the Spring. She is so easy to please and such a good natured girl. She is responsible and caring. She is the second mother to Ada and Bria. She is the Laurel President at church and plans to attend USU in the fall. Leticia is beautiful inside and out and yes, her hair is natural. Leticia is the manager for the Highland Girls Basketball Team.

Sierra Jane Hansen named after the Sierra Nevada's. Sierra( Magera) is a junior at Highland High. She is so close to having her learner's permit. She hates having her birthday so close to a holiday. She is 15 years old. Sierra ran cross country and made the varsity team this year. Sierra is our social butterfly. She has a million friends and has something planned every weekend. Sierra plans to participate in the IB Program next year. Sierra is a great, kind, loving, girl and our family wouldn't be the same without her spunky spirit. Sierra is in the mia maid presidency for church.


Malia Ruth Hansen, named after her Grandma Ellis, my mother. Malia just turned 12 and now the world is at her feet. She is in ballet and is so close to achieving the next level of Pointe. Malia attends Navigator Pointe Academy. Malia is our overachiever. Whatever she sets her mind to she accomplishes it with all effort. She is a great friend. Malia loves our cat, Maybelle. She is so kind to all animals. Malia  is involved in voice lessons and piano. Malia has participated in several school theatre programs. She even sang a solo at the school talent show, that girl has guts. Malia earned enough money for the school fund raiser to eat lunch with the school director, Mrs. Farris. She will run a 5K with her mother for the fund raiser. Malia is so sweet, loving, caring and goes the extra mile for anyone. We love you Malia, mafreea! Malia's favorite food has to be Slim Skillet Lasagna, way to make your momma proud and eat your zucchini. Malia is in the Beehive Presidency for church.




Bria Paige Hansen is 5 years old. Her birthday is September 10th so guess who misses the deadline by 9 days and gets to be the oldest in her class. Sierra says she will love being the oldest! Bria attends preschool with Ms. B, at Write Preschool. She loves to play with her baby dolls, brat z, barbies, play dough, and loves loves loves puppies. When we are out on our bike rides, she will stop and politely ask to pet their puppy. She is so careful to be kind and not scare the animal. She loves the monkey bars and jumping on the trampoline. She is a great helper around the home and will "babysit" Ada while mom showers. Bria does a great job answering the door when solicitors come knocking and she knows when texts come in and will relay the message to the proper texting recipient. Her vocabulary is not a normal 4 year old, she is 4 going on 15. She can roll her eyes and put hands on hips like no other. Bria took a long time to join our family and we are so lucky to have her sweet spirit in our home. Bria has a best friend named Star Blankie. She has had this blanket since birth and seriously loves it.




Ada Rae Hansen is 3. She is sporting her new haircut given by big sister Bria. Ada is our miracle baby. She was born premature and we are so fortunate she survived. She is best friends with Bria and they will play for hours. She has no fear with any tasks she sets her mind to. She can ride her two wheeler so fast and freaks her mother out. She has her own language and for the most it is a bit challenging to understand but as her mother, I know exactly what she is saying. She loves playing baby dolls, puzzles, coloring and helping mommy cook. She will assist with all the pouring needs. Ada Rae you are so special and we love you! Ada attend preschool with Bria. They are inseparable and I love it.


This is our family. We love each other and love the differences we all provide. We all balance each other out and together we make each other stronger and more loving. We love you girls and continue to bring the differences in our family and we will embrace them and become better people.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, this is my favorite post ever! You are all amazing, incredible people. You and Corby create such beautiful girls. Incredible people! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete